Thread: Boost Pressure missing from PID Channels?

Lightbulb Boost Pressure missing from PID Channels?

Hello,

My list of available channels does not include Boost Pressure.

This channel is available in other OBD2 apps like Torque, DashCommand, and on my AccessPort.

Anyone know how to add Boost as one of the logged channels when making TrackAddict recordings?

Vehicle is a 2004 Subaru Forester XT

Thanks in advance!

It wont show up in the list of OBD channels to record, as it is not part of the SAE standard OBD-II PIDs, but it is possible to calculate it if you log Intake Manifold Pressure and Barometric Pressure. I'd expect that the other apps are calculating it, as it is just Intake Manifold Pressure - Barometric Pressure.

Starting with our upcoming TrackAddict v4.1 update, the graph functionality on the lap/run detail screen will offer a "(Boost)" data channel, which is a calculation that will be available for sessions that had logged both Intake Manifold Pressure and Barometric Pressure. The app also already attempts to log the barometric pressure using the sensor available in many (but not all) phones, so that could enable this feature for cars that don't report Barometric Pressure via OBD-II.

It's also already possible to visualize this in RaceRender: Double-click on the data file in the Input Files list, go down to the Calculated Fields section, set the name to "Boost", the input field to "Intake Manifold Pressure", choose the Subtract operation, and enter your barometric pressure value (sea-level would be about 14.5-14.7 PSI or 100 kPa).

Thank you very much, Weston!

Tried to start a new thread on a different topic, but for some reason forum won't let me, so posting here:

Code:
    # RaceRender Data: TrackAddict 4.0.5a on Android 8.0.0 [samsung SM-N950U / Qualcomm Technologies	 Inc MSM8998] (Mode: -1)																									
    # Vehicle App ID: 4155F4C7C05CFF7B																										
    # GPS: Android; Mode: Android																										
    # OBD Mode: BT (OBDLink LX); ID: "ELM327 v1.3a"																										
    # OBD Settings: AP1;AF1																										
    # User Settings: SL2;U0;AS1;LT0/1;EC1;VC0;VQ2;VS0;VSOIS0;VIF1																										
    # Device Free Space: 196806 MB																										
    Time	UTC Time	GPS_Update	GPS_Delay	Latitude	Longitude	Altitude (m)	Altitude (ft)	Speed (MPH)	Heading	Accuracy (m)	Accel X	Accel Y	Accel Z	Brake (calculated)	Barometric Pressure (PSI)	Pressure Altitude (ft)	OBD_Update	Engine Speed (RPM) *OBD	Throttle Position (%) *OBD	Engine Coolant Temp (F) *OBD	Intake Manifold Pressure (PSI) *OBD	Vehicle Speed (mph) *OBD
    Hardware:
    Samsung Note 8
    OBDLink LX Bluetooth

Vehicle:
    2004 Subaru Forester XT

Any suggestions on how to speed up my OBD update rates? I am getting updates only about 1x per second, sometimes 1.5x per second.
    Logging RPM, Throttle Position, Coolant Temp, Intake Manifold Pressure, and OBD Vehicle Speed.

When I had only RPM, Vehicle Speed OBD, and Throttle Position selected, I was only getting 2 updates per second.

My smartphone is relatively new, my OBD2 adapter is the recommended one, any suggestions on what else I can try (settings?) that will improve my OBD update rate?

Quote Originally Posted by Save The Manuals View Post
    Tried to start a new thread on a different topic, but for some reason forum won't let me, so posting here
    Not sure what happened, but it got caught in our moderation queue for some reason, so it needed me to approve it. I have responded to it here: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post537748

4.1 should be sweet!