Thread: 2006 Silverado turbo - P59 - REP - Reduced Engine Power - Battery Light ON

Tuner in Training

Exclamation 2006 Silverado turbo - P59 - REP - Reduced Engine Power - Battery Light ON

Just got finished with turboing my 2006 Silverado 2500HD , got a base tune from my tuner and truck starts up great . The issue is if you give the truck any throttle at all over 2000 rpm " Reduced Engine Power " pops up on dash . Truck is in Speed Density so only DTCs are P0102 & P0103 . With the key in ON position and truck NOT running, if you give it any throttle over 20% it will pop up also. After hours of research I see that this is a very common problem , I have checked all grounds and tried swapping my TB for another used (Supposedly known good ) TB with no success. I've read the pigtail going to the TB goes bad over time or pins may come loose , I did pull test on wires and connection seems good. The battery light is ON when the truck is running also , Installed a new battery no success , unplugged the alternator pigtail while truck is running to see if it volts drop on dash and it does, so the alternator is charging . Any ideas ? Could it be something in tune we're missing ?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GrnZ; 08-02-2018 at 05:30 PM.

REP will produce a code when it happens, so there will be more than the P0102 and P0103 codes present.

I can't view the tune file on this computer but make sure the MAP settings are correct for the MAP sensor and you may likely have to raise the P1514/P0068 code that can trips REP.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    There are no other codes showing up . From all the hours of searching the web I see this is a very common problem with GM. I have read people buying new throttle bodies , new pigtail harness to throttle body , new gas pedal , etc . I don't want to just start throwing parts at it when the truck was driving fine before turbo setup install. As far as the battery light goes my tuner changed something in the system settings and P0622 -(Generator Field Terminal Circuit)(Current) came up , flashed it back to previous settings and no code but still have battery light on when truck is running.
    Last edited by GrnZ; 08-02-2018 at 09:49 PM. Reason: more info

Tuner in Training
    I realize this was 2 years ago. But did you ever figure out what was making the battery light come on