Thread: MPVI2 and Wideband?

MPVI2 and Wideband?

Hey guys! Anyone have a way to connect your wideband to the MPVI2 and see it in VCM Scanner?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You can use the AEM wideband that we sell in our online store on most CAN based vehicles, but if you are looking for an analog input solution it is still in development for the MPVI2
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Thanks for the answer Bill, it seems Blue Bee is trying to mislead me

Will the can based wideband work on an 2007 Yukon Denali?

Advanced Tuner
    If the OBDII connector, on your vehicle, has the CANH (PIN6) and CANL (PIN14) pins installed, you very likely have a CAN based ECU.

It must have BOTH pins.

ECU-ID.jpg

My 2007 Sky Redline has CAN. So, it does happen. I have not seen it on anything prior to 2006, though. Everything 2008, and later, should be CAN.

Tuner in Training
    One option is to hard wire it into your ECU using the EGR sensor circuit. https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...nd-through-EGR

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by warriorpluto View Post
    Will the can based wideband work on an 2007 Yukon Denali?
    That's a 07-13 using an E38 ECM, yes the AEM OBDII WBO2 will work.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Thanks for the info guys

Potential Tuner
    Ok so If I run the aem x series obd2 wideband with the mpvi2 I should be able to log afr?s on a 2007 srt8 Charger correct? I?ve been debating on trying to find a mpvi for sale so I can log afr?s for my tuner but if it?s possible with the aem and the mpvi2 I?ll go that route.
    Last edited by Bull_Market; 08-10-2018 at 02:20 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Which of the above pictures ( from post #6 ) does your car's OBDII connector look like ?
    If it looks like the "CAN based ECU" connector, you should be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.mike View Post
    If the OBDII connector, on your vehicle, has the CANH (PIN6) and CANL (PIN14) pins installed, you very likely have a CAN based ECU.

It must have BOTH pins.

ECU-ID.jpg

My 2007 Sky Redline has CAN. So, it does happen. I have not seen it on anything prior to 2006, though. Everything 2008, and later, should be CAN.
    Thats a great pic...would you mind if I shared on my site and a quick video on our YouTube Channel as a Public Service announcement.....I get this question "what WB can I use on the MPVI2" all the time.

Thank you for sharing with us as well

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    By all means, share. But, I'm sure somebody can make a better pic than that
    I wish I had a solution for the non-CAN guys. But, as soon as I could get it out there, the PRO/HUB thing would be ready.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.mike View Post
    By all means, share. But, I'm sure somebody can make a better pic than that
    I wish I had a solution for the non-CAN guys. But, as soon as I could get it out there, the PRO/HUB thing would be ready.
    Thank you Mike....but I remember ... a product release takes as long as it takes to produce an alternate.....:-)

Have a great weekend

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

I upgraded to MPVI2 over a year ago, and at that time my LC-1 wideband would work in my scanner. Since then my laptop died, got a new one, and downloaded the new 4.6.0 VCM SUITE. Now my LC-1 will not work with the Scanner, and no one seems to have a solution.

And I am not purchasing the AEM wideband sold by HPTuners just to solve this problem.

Bill, please get this fixed so that I and other users can utilize their widebands with MPVI2. Thanks
    2.8/3.0/3.2 Pulley/ZZP CAI/1.6 HS Rockers/Hi Energy Comp Cam 76-802-9/LS7 Lifters/ZZP Stage 2 Intercooler/TOG Headers/Triple Edge Performance Stage 3 Transmission/3.29 Ratio/NGK TR6ix IRIDIUM .40 GAP/ZZP Fuel Rails/ZEX 100 shot NOS/GMPP Sway Bars/KYB Adjustable Struts/Power Stop Performance Pads/Rotors

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by coachcrow56 View Post
    I upgraded to MPVI2 over a year ago, and at that time my LC-1 wideband would work in my scanner. Since then my laptop died, got a new one, and downloaded the new 4.6.0 VCM SUITE. Now my LC-1 will not work with the Scanner, and no one seems to have a solution.

And I am not purchasing the AEM wideband sold by HPTuners just to solve this problem.

Bill, please get this fixed so that I and other users can utilize their widebands with MPVI2. Thanks
    Pro feature set + MPVI2, been out since 2018 https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ure-Set-Update
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"