Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New tuner, NEED HELP

Banned
    Read above and do your research, you don?t want to do that to the entire pulsewidth table

Awesome info Jim P! do you know of any other sites with good info like this? and where do you find a timing calc? or do you know of a good one?

Banned
    I have one on here I built but it?s layout is for UDC. I was planning on making an HP Tuners layout version but have been way too busy and haven?t gotten around to it.

What is the equation for the timing calc do you know? or is it more complicated than that?
    Last edited by JaegerWrenching; 10-14-2018 at 09:46 PM.

The equation's aren't complicated (convert revolutions per minute to degrees per second or milli/micro second), then you know how long it takes to inject the fuel amount at a given pressure. The complication is the bilinear interpolation (not sure if that is a built in function of excel).

Wish Jim would create the timing calc with google sheets so one wouldn't need the proprietary software from Microsoft.
    Last edited by jfreemanak; 10-13-2018 at 01:22 PM.
    2019 CCSB Bighorn - Excited HP Tuners finally supported Cummins CM2350&2450 platforms

Banned
    Don?t need microsoft lol, I don?t use Microsoft. I use kingsoft wps, free and does most of the same stuff as Microsoft

Thank you jfreemanak, so @2000 rpm that's 12000 degrees per second, so if we had a pulse width of 2ms that'd be 24* of crank movement in those 2ms? does this sound correct?

You are correct. So, you could do those calculations for a mixture of cells (say the boundaries of a square in your tables), and then use the linear fit function in HPTuners to fill in the "square" of timing values. All you need to decide is how much BTDC injection you want. I believe the common thought is any fuel injected after 12-15* ATDC generates greater EGT's, which means diminishing returns on power generation.
    2019 CCSB Bighorn - Excited HP Tuners finally supported Cummins CM2350&2450 platforms