Thread: 97 Silverado 411 pcm swap runs good but a dog off the line

97 Silverado 411 pcm swap runs good but a dog off the line

i don't have the wideband hooked up. Truck runs great mid range and top end. idle afr is 14.5. what do i need to do to bring this 350 to life on the bottom end?
    Rich
    Attached Files Attached Files

what i mean is i dont have the wideband in the scanner yet. can anyone help with idle?

Added quite a bit of timing and she came to life

Tuner in Training
    post up a revised tune and scan log if you get a chance...

Advanced Tuner
    Drop the TPS to enable PE and set the PE RPM threshold lower. Then increase the PE entry rate. I have my Express van 5.7 maxed out on how quickly it transitions to PE air/fuel ratio. You can set the timing in the low rpm high gm/cyl to about 12* and bring in as much advance as possible as quickly as possible. When I had stock heads and the little 395' Marine cam I was at about 12* @ 1,000 rpm, 18* @ 1,600, 22* @ 2,000, 24* @ 2,400, 26* @ 2,800 and 30* @ 3,000 and up to 34* @ 4,400. I also had to look at torque management values and increase the maximum torque values substantially to keep torque management from pulling timing. The acceleration enrichment also needs some tweaks or atleast did in my application. A little more fuel in the impact factor tables typically makes it more responsive.

Thank you, I will give the above a try.
    Rich
    Attached Files Attached Files