Thread: 2013 Mustang 5.0 Procharger file?

2013 Mustang 5.0 Procharger file?

Anyone have a Procharger file for a 2011-2014 5.0? I have one I am fighting a surging idle and want to see torque tables, and Closed loop controls, I suspect I need to minimize the amount of closed loop correction done at idle, (trims sway from close to 0 to -20 ) but not sure the proper way to do it.

Advanced Tuner
    prochargertune0.hpt
    there you go.

Still we would all learn more if you posted your tune and a log showing what is happening
    Last edited by mJolnir; 08-03-2018 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mJolnir View Post
    prochargertune0.hpt
    there you go.

Still we would all learn more if you posted your tune and a log showing what is happening
    Will totally do that. Appreciate the help

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    someone correct me if I'm wrong but that sounds like a vacuum leak to me, not an issue that can be "tuned" out...typically trims dont' sway from 0-20
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    someone correct me if I'm wrong but that sounds like a vacuum leak to me, not an issue that can be "tuned" out...typically trims dont' sway from 0-20
    Bill,

I have checked over the mechanical of it all, and found no issues. What I believe is happening is that the short term trims are making too agressive of changes. Causing the idle to surge, once it surges it basically starts a motion it cant control up and down. Being a blow through maf, it super sensitive to the idle swing. Ill get a good log of it today and post it up Cold start idle is fine. I will say that it has a BBK throttle body on it, not sure if anyone has seen issues like this before with that tb

Advanced Tuner
    Bad o2 sensor?

I corrected the vehicle by locking it in open loop believe 1000rpm. Not sure why his vehicle did this and so many others I have done didn't, but as soon as the idle would surge just a moment it would start this oscillation. The MAF frequency would go up a small amount, but with zero increase in load, so vehicle would get slightly rich, and then STFTs would aggressively pull fuel out. Too aggressively which would then cause idle to excessively drop. And so on and so on.

I lowered the integral and proportional control at low RPM and it helped ALOT, but turning closed loop operation off entirely at speeds below 1000rpm turned it into a perfectly running car. I was able to fine tune a/f at idle to stabilize in the the 13.9-14.8 range. Works for me.