Thread: e38 unlicensed vehicle/bricked after write entire

Advanced Tuner

e38 unlicensed vehicle/bricked after write entire

I have been tuning this truck for a few months now. Its a cammed 6.2 in a 66 c10 running off an e38/t42 combo. Today, I made the changes to see the P1516 adjustments, modified them, wrote entire and then proceeded to tune it due to a modification in the pcv system drastically changing airflow and making the nw102 tb now hunt. After a few tune revisions, my interface showed unlicensed vehicle and the truck would not start. I replaced the ECM, wrote entire the tune file, started the truck up and drove it. I need to make another minor revision or two, so I clicked write calibration and it now says unlicensed vehicle again. What could be going on here? Ive only made changes to idle airflow and maf tables. By the way, I have this vehicle group unlimited, so Im really confused.

stapleton tune 2.hpt

Tuner in Training
    I had a similar problem. I opened a support ticket with HP tuners and they fixed it. Basically, I was asked to download the newest beta version of the software and it worked again. I don't know why. Worth a shot. Probably also want to open a support ticket.