Thread: 2004 6.0l in a 350z project

2004 6.0l in a 350z project

me and my son are working on a ls swap project ,I have a 6.0l out of a 2004 express van along with the wire harness and p59 ecm (I think) ,, I am more than likely to go with a wiring specialty harness ,, I am going to use the intake off my g8gt (gen4), will this computer be able to support the electronic throttle or will I have to stick with the cable throttle

these are the numbers on the computer

service #12586243

hardware# 12583659

other# 12587670

any other info any one can add on the can bus communication would be great as we are wanting to see if integration is possible with the Nissan bcm and or other modules
    the car is a 6 speed manual trans

Cable.

A 2004 express VAN should be cable and to be honest, staying cable is so much easier than drive by wire.

Use an adapter plate to keep the 3 bolt throttle body or purchase a 4 bolt drive by cable throttle body.

You'd need so much more than just a throttle body to make it be DBW. You'd need a matching TAC module and pedal assembly along with the throttle body. Then you'd have to flash the computer to an OS that was DBW.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

what has to be done to the ecm to run with out the auto transmission tcm? ? I will be running the manual 6 speed that is in the 350z

There is no TCM in a P59 for the transmission.

Unlikely that you will be able to find a manual OS to use the segment swap feature so you can just disable all the transmission abuse modes, engine abuse modes, disable all related DTC's as well. Changing the transmission type to manual does nothing without a segment swap.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.