Thread: Weird problem with my LS2 swapped Camaro.

Tuner in Training

Weird problem with my LS2 swapped Camaro.

Hi guys,
    I have a 1970 Camaro Z28 with a swapped in LS2 - T56 from a '06 GTO (using E40 PCM).

I have a very weird issue, the car drives normal and smooth, except when I hit the gas it would cut off and fall on its face almost immediately, if I graduately press the gas it would accelerate normaly. I have recorded a log while its doing it, look at the 1 min time line where it did it. Strange enough, most of the gauges stopped working when it did it!

Do I have a defected PCM?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    I had a somewhat similar problem with my 5.3 third gen, unplug the maf and see if it changes. i had a maf reading very wrong values replaced it and it was a world of difference.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    sounds lean to me
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Did you manage to solve the problem what is that -64 timing you have?? is that when the engine went off? RPM still there how??

Advanced Tuner
    Forget all that. didn't anyone notice the control voltage drop to 0 volts during the issue? Seems this might be a ground or power issue on the harness keeping some alive, not others. Oh yeah, stop punching it when its doing this. Its horribly lean as others mentioned. There's no way its fueling during this period. Did you mess with the tac module throttle settings? Post your tune, and your original if you have since modified it.
    Last edited by Asylumwarp; 04-16-2019 at 11:23 PM.
    Thanks,

Dustin