Thread: Any HPtuner pro willing to check my 2000 S-10 newbie tune

Tuner in Training

Any HPtuner pro willing to check my 2000 S-10 newbie tune

Been doing a lot of reading up on this forum and others and finally decided to write my truck. I pretty much copy and pasted from the REPO's i could find that relate to my s-10, (98-00 s-10's, sonoma's, blazer's, jimmy's, sierra's and silverado's) and went from their. Took it out a few times to adjust the tune every time till i got it the way i like but seems i could still do more adjusting. I know i need a wide band to get the fine tuning done but im just trying to do the best without one for now. If any improvements or changes need to be done let me know please still trying to figure things out mainly AFR, like why does it drop to 12.0 @WOT ? that means im running too rich ? 12.0/1.207=9.942005 is that bad ?

2000 s-10 4.3 auto
    stock exhaust manifold/headers, 2.75 Y-Pipe high flow CAT, Thermal R&D exhaust
    Modified CAI stock box cut out bigger hole and use spectre filter
    Smaller underdrive pulley and no A/C, no EGR or air pump, 180 stat, 8mm wires
    rebuilt 4l60e with all the upgrades
    freeway rune last tune.hpllast tune.hpthp tune blue s10.hpt
    Last edited by duck4twenty; 08-05-2018 at 03:41 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Not too rich. You want to run richer under WOT to prevent a lean condition, pre-ignition, knock, from occurring.

You are thinking of it wrong. Stoich is 14.68 or whatever it's set too. So your EQ ratio for power enrichment is 1.207. Then that makes it 14.68/1.207 = 12.16 afr commanded at full throttle. It will run at stoich or try to when under normal driving conditions.

You aren't logging commanded AFR or knock retard. Those are things you will want to log.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    You are thinking of it wrong. Stoich is 14.68 or whatever it's set too. So your EQ ratio for power enrichment is 1.207. Then that makes it 14.68/1.207 = 12.16 afr commanded at full throttle. It will run at stoich or try to when under normal driving conditions.

You aren't logging commanded AFR or knock retard. Those are things you will want to log.

my stoich is @14.70 but when im @WOT it goes to 12.0 ? and not sure why the extra channels didnt load up i have most channels running on my scanner. I did get a random KR went up to *4 but could of just been error from the sensor since its the first time and only once.

Going to 12.0 at WOT is normal. It has to happen otherwise engine damage can occur. You can play with how rich or lean you want it but 12.0-12.3 is pretty safe.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training

lastest scan with added ch.

heres a scan with the added channels. I'm getting some KR but I think cause I adjust my timing some, so might go back to what it was before the KR showed up.
    last tune run.hpl does it look OK ? anything I should adjust ?