Thread: 2016 Silverado E92 ECU - Torque Reduction During Shifts

Tuner in Training

2016 Silverado E92 ECU - Torque Reduction During Shifts

Hello,

I'm trying to remove or decrease the torque reduction that is happening during shifts. If you see in the image below, during the shifts the throttle reduces roughly 50% on it's own during shifts. I have disabled everything under Trans > Torque Management in an attempt to find what is doing this. Does anyone have any ideas ?

1.JPG

Thanks.

Advanced Tuner
    Three words, Shift Torque Factor. Actually guess I should ask though are you getting a reduction in timing and or fueling still as well on the shifts in addition to the throttle closure?
    Last edited by KLUG'S SS; 08-06-2018 at 07:39 AM.
    2017 Silverado LTZ

Tuner in Training
    Klugs SS, thanks for the response.

It does appear that the fueling is being cut (commanded Lambda goes to 1 from 0.85) Also timing drops to negative 15ish.

minimum spark tables base and long increase them. Here is how I run my 17 zl1 then screen shot of stock and then how it is with change. Where did see -8 to -15 sometimes now its 6-10 on shifts also look at delivered torque not falling as bad. You do want some still as this is what keeps them alive on a lot of power. I build for a living so trust me don't make it pound on the shift it isn't needed. Just fast and crisp with pulling into the next gear. What I did to mine and no tcm changes at all I no longer get that stock pause shift with it like this now. The 10 speed hits good this way. Try it see if its enough with out tcm changes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

Advanced Tuner
    Set shift patterns to special.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cesar View Post
    Set shift patterns to special.
    Where is that on the 8 speeds? I know it works well on 6 speeds but I've never seen it available in an 8 speed os.

Advanced Tuner
    Thought it was a 6 speed since it wasnt specified.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cesar View Post
    Thought it was a 6 speed since it wasnt specified.
    Good point I was making assumptions too.

Tuner
    I set my 2015 Silverado's Minimum to 0 Degrees and it still pulled up to -10 Degrees timing on the upshift. Tried setting it to 10 advanced and will retest tomorrow. Seems the amount put in the minimum spark tables don't necessarily correlated to the actual timing being giving during upshift as you can see in the chart from LT1z350.

Quote Originally Posted by FastV View Post
    I set my 2015 Silverado's Minimum to 0 Degrees and it still pulled up to -10 Degrees timing on the upshift. Tried setting it to 10 advanced and will retest tomorrow. Seems the amount put in the minimum spark tables don't necessarily correlated to the actual timing being giving during upshift as you can see in the chart from LT1z350.
    Sorry 8 speed or 6 speed? If 6 need to go to trans torque management under upshifts and cut the values in half to start. 1.000 most likely stock try .500 I’m running .0998 on my tahoe I just did a 6l80e swap to from the 4l60e and on 1.000 was pulling timing on the .09 it’s not pulling any now it’s hitting much harder so pulling some pressure to counter the missing Tm.

2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

Tuner
    It's a 6 speed. Yeah I originally had it set up that way by putting 1st at like .3999, 2nd gear like .6500 and 3rd around .7500 and let all the others a 1.0 but was trying something different. I put it at 10 Degrees and now it drops only down to 4 degrees during shifts. I will most likely put it back the way I had it and the way you suggested but saw you post and had me curious. I also have a 2016 Cts V and haven't been able to figure out how to get it to rev properly out of gear like in park or neutral it limits the throttle blade to much still and launch control quit working ever since the trans was tuned as well. Haven't figured out what he did there either. The caddy is currently at the dealer now for the 2nd time for tq converter shudder. It was replaced back at 3,500 miles and now its a 11,500 and shuddering again.

The rev part is under engine>fuel>cutoff/dfco >in gear. It’s set to 4000 in park and neutral stock. If have the caddy tune handy I can check it out and see if the table is there to fix the converter. I’m surprised they are working on it with a tune. My v sport I did a second ecm for the tune and swap between them when it goes to the dealer for work. That way I keep my 70k certified warranty in tack.
    My tahoe I did the 6l80e swap and was still pulling a little timing on the shift so bumped the minimum spark up to 7 on it and it’s holding 90 percent now. A little isn’t going to hurt if anything it helps keep the trans in one piece. The 6l has a hub that is known to break that connects the 456 drum to the planet. If you set it up to hit too hard it can break it on a stock power vehicle. Also the 3/5/reverse drum is known to crank im sure if it’s over pressured to make trans hit hard it shortens it’s life span. Just get them snappy and quick let it pull a little power. I had my tahoe spinning on 1-2 and barking 2-3 off one adjustment I did and that’s just too much. A nice pop is what I am going for and quick shift. When my shift times all nail .01s I’m pretty happy with it. I know that weird hitch the trans gets when pulling power is probably what your trying to get rid of and just a touch is better then it wacking.
    Pretty sure I can fix the caddy though just post the tune up here and will show you the table to adjust

Tuner
    Thanks for the reply. I put a stock tune in it before I sent it to Cadillac and put it in valet mode so I can see if they beat on it. I have the PDR that records in valet mode and I was addiment about them not ragging on my car. The park and Neutral dfco in gear and out of gear have been change already. Its like a filter that limits how fast it will rev. If its in park it limits the revs to maybe 30-40% throttle. if its in neutral and rolling it won't rev at all between 5-15 mph. anything over like 15mph it will rev up but like I said its filtered. Slow rev'ing. I up'd the rev filtering but it made no difference. Thanks for taking the time to look at it. I really appreciate it.
    BrandenLeebtune.hpt