Thread: READ ME!!! General Nissan/Infiniti Tuning Information and FAQs

Last edited by Mark@HPTuners; 01-29-2019 at 08:40 AM.

Validation checksum failed. You will be unable to save or flash this file.

This isn't a bug in the software, and is perfectly normal.

When you read your PCM and then try to open the file with VCM Editor and receive this message here's what you should do:

1. Submit a ticket to support by filling out the form at support.hptuners.com. Make sure to attach the tune file (.HPT file) to the ticket when submitting.
    2. We will review the file for integrety and if the checksums are correct & not disabled, missing or corrupt we will send you an update as soon as possible to fix this issue.
    3. The fix will be included in all future shipped software and updates.

Fixing these issues are #1 when it comes to support so you can be assured that you have our full attention when we receive one of these emails.

Thanks for your understanding and patience (we know what it is like to get something new only to have to wait to use it).

x7F Negative Response Code received when attempting to write

Nissan/Infiniti vehicles can be very sensitive to battery voltage and battery load when you attempt to write a module. Make sure that that the battery load isn't too high by turning off various electronics (such as headlights, radio, A/C, etc.) and try to write the vehicle again.

If you still receive this error after turning off all various electronics, please open a support ticket by filling out the form at support.hptuners.com
    Last edited by Mark@HPTuners; 08-06-2018 at 08:00 AM.

[place holder]
    Last edited by Mark@HPTuners; 08-06-2018 at 07:56 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Hello ,

I was wondering if someone have a stock tune file for Nissan 2015 Y62 I want to reset my car to factory, I cant find anything in tune repository.

What's your OS ID

I followed the above instructions for "Validation checksum failed. You will be unable to save or flash this file. This isn't a bug in the software, and is perfectly normal." 3 or 4 days ago on a Nissan that is supposed to be covered according to the site...and I still have not been helped. It is not looking good for Nissan tuning.

Tuner in Training
    thanks, just sent

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by IARLLC View Post
    I followed the above instructions for "Validation checksum failed. You will be unable to save or flash this file. This isn't a bug in the software, and is perfectly normal." 3 or 4 days ago on a Nissan that is supposed to be covered according to the site...and I still have not been helped. It is not looking good for Nissan tuning.
    IARLLC, did you ever receive a response to your Validation Checksum Failed issue ? I recently submitted one for a 2012 FX35, was hoping to be able to get some tuning done on it.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ik016 View Post
    Hello ,

I was wondering if someone have a stock tune file for Nissan 2015 Y62 I want to reset my car to factory, I cant find anything in tune repository.
    Hi ik016, are you still looking for this file?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamima View Post
    Hi ik016, are you still looking for this file?

i am looking for it please can you send to me

Tuner in Training
    Looking for some insight, tuning an 08 G35. Super simple stuff, just wanting a pop/bang/flame tune. I've done multiple on VQ37VHR cars, both G37s and 370Zs, and never had an issue. However, following the same steps I did for the VHR cars, I cannot get this G35 to drop the ignition timing below -2 degrees. That gives a nice little burble, but no flames, and this guy wants flames. I have minimum timing set to -120, tip out tables are set to -20, and the decel areas of the octane tables are set at -10 but it still refuses to go below -2. Is there something different about the HR vs the VHR that I'm missing?