Thread: Continuous lap counter between data inputs

Potential Tuner

Continuous lap counter between data inputs

I'm having some issues when trying to make a video from a bunch of GoPro Hero5 Black videos. The GoPro chunks a recording into ~4GB files, which in my case is about 8:39s long. This means my full recording spans 6 files. I want to be able to use the lap counter to span the duration of the full joined video, but it resets the data between each segment, e.g. it starts of showing lap 1/5, goes to 5/5, then in the next video segment it goes to 1/10, rinse and repeat. It seems ludicrous that you can't tell each segment a) the total number of laps for the whole video, and b) an offset to start at - unless I'm being blind I really can't see a way to do this.

Potential Tuner
    I'm able to do this with the latest version. The easiest way I've found to make this work is to ensure that your video chunks have the original naming convention. For example, a continuous recording with 3 chunks may look like:

GOPR0053.MP4
    GP010053.MP4
    GP020053.MP4

When you add a video input file, select the first segment. RaceRender should then detect that it is part of a multi-file set and import remaining chunks as well. Once thats complete, it will ask if you want to process the GPS data as well. It should extract each file's data and then merge them into single data object. Use this new merged data object to get timing across all the video chunks.
    Last edited by slipey; 09-10-2018 at 08:58 AM.