Thread: MAP KPA dropping after 2800 rpm while accelerating

Tuner in Training

MAP KPA dropping after 2800 rpm while accelerating

When accelerating I notice my MAP KPA will drop at anything above 2800 rpm leading to a lean condition. Tried a new MAP sensor. Same issue. Any ideas?

I have a FAST 102 intake and 102 TB. Used a new MAP sensor (swapped out again today) and an extension harness to put the MAP on the front of the intake. The stock MPA sensor is Delphi...the two new ones were some aftermarket ones carried by our local parts store.

Attaching logs from last night with old MAP and log today with new MAP.

I had two very experienced tuners helping me but now they are stumped.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    are those the only mods you have? - no turbo or anything? I've had faulty turbos causing messed up map readings
    what map sensor is in right now - factory or aftermarket? - make sure the linear and offsets are correct for said map sensor
    how old is that intake manifold - aren't the fast intakes a 2 piece design? - obviously something causing the map loss and if the wiring/electrical side checks out ok - (ecm,wiring from ecm to map sensor) and a new map sensor didn't fix it - all that's left is mechanical so maybe take the intake off and inspect it for any possible issues
    Last edited by TCSS07; 08-06-2018 at 09:00 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Here is the complete list of mods:

Trick flow heads.
    228/228 cam
    Long tube headers.
    102 TB
    FAST intake
    LS3 fuel injectors
    3" true duals.
    Mighty Mouse Catch Can.

The MAP is an aftermarket one from a local parts shop.

I'll drop in a stock Delphi MAP tomorrow. If that doesn't fix it I'll pop off the intake next weekend.
    Last edited by Gripenfelter; 08-06-2018 at 10:44 PM.

Didn?t look at file.. but if using aftermarket map make sure map values are correct..

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Didn?t look at file.. but if using aftermarket map make sure map values are correct..
    Thank you.

Switching back to Delphi tomorrow.