Thread: i have problem with my mds

Tuner in Training

i have problem with my mds

I have problem with my mds Chrysler 2006 5.7 hemi win I but the mds enable the car vibration too much win I but the mds dasible the be okay what is the problem

Advanced Tuner
    For starters you are using a 6.1 cam. To my knowledge SRTs did not use MDS. So are you using 5.7 MDS lifter with a 6.1 cam?

"The 6.1L Cam will work with MDS, but due to the lift when it does go into MDS mode you have a noticiable loss in power and drivability. In essence you really "feel" it go into MDS mode. As far as what Chrysler says about damaging the motor, your lifters will be the first to go but that is over time. One thing that I have learned about Chrysler while working for them is that they believe that their car is built perfect so why would you want to mess with it. So whenever they hear about some popular aftermarket mod or anything they release a TSB about all the damaging effects it will have onyour vehicle. some may be true, most are not. that is why they try to make it next to impossible to mess with their stuff. ie complex computer systems. I have put 6.1L Cams in MDS vehicles with no problem before, but for me I just don't care that much about fuel economy over power."

https://www.chargerforums.com/forums...p/t-50508.html

https://www.challengertalk.com/forums/43499-post10.html
    Last edited by Homer; 08-07-2018 at 09:31 AM.

I believe you have to have an "MDS friendly" cam for the MDS to work properly. As said above, the early 6.1's did not have MDS. I have Frank's Racing (FRI) Sidewinder cams in both my Hemi's and the MDS in both works way better than it did stock. When you did the cam, did you change the valve springs and/or do anything with the MDS valve lifters? How does it run when not trying to go into MDS? Any DTC's/MIL's?
    Two (now Three) Hemi's, an 05 5.7 Magnum, an 06 300C SRT8 and an 06 5.7 Jeep Grand Cherokee, all somewhat modded. The 5.7's are modded almost the same with advanced (10* for Maggie and 6* for the Jeep) FRI Sidewinder cams/6.1 valve trains, ported/milled heads w/new valve seats, SC, DS and HP Tuners, headers, cat. backs, underdrive pulleys, SOS coils, catch cans, 90 mm throttle bodies, plus a bunch of cosmetic stuff. 06 300C SRT8, Comp. Cammed, HPT tuned, Foose wheels, 85 mm TB.

Potential Tuner Sinkovec Race Engines's Avatar
    if you go into the parameter where it allows you to enable disable under that section are 4 tabs min and max max them out to 205KPH and that should do you

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinkovec Race Engines View Post
    if you go into the parameter where it allows you to enable disable under that section are 4 tabs min and max max them out to 205KPH and that should do you
    I think OP wants to keep MDS enabled even though he is running a 6.1 cam in a 5.7 as he says when he disables it the car runs fine. Looks like he knows how to disabled it but wants to know how to keep MDS by making tweaks to the tune.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Homer; 08-12-2018 at 09:41 AM.