Thread: Lets Talk Force Motor Current Tables.

Tuner in Training

Lets Talk Force Motor Current Tables.

OK. I know the general concept of what this is and alittle about what it does (sorry new to GM tuning, we're talking to an old Carb guru/Megasquirt junkie). This being said what is the exact thing this FMC does? Will it harm anything to knock the tables down some? (i have them knocked down about 25% or so at the moment, was thinking of doing more)

This is just popping up from a recent thread i read on a different forum saying its not great to modify the FMC tables. so whats your take?
    2000 Chevy Cavalier (being completed)
    1987 Dodge D150 Turbocharged Slantsix EFI!

Tuner in Training
    You will burn up shift silenoids by reducing the force motor table the only way you should ever go with them is up in value I had a "prfessional" tuner do that and it took me replacing them twice and getting HPT to realize what was happening. If your trying to reduce shift pressures use the shift modifier tables.

Avalue of 1245 is full bleed off if I remember right.

Tuner in Training
    so basically leave these alone and done touch them?

If you are putting out a LOT of torque you may need to work on the Force Motor table. Generally the FM tables are pretty good unless you have put in aftermarket parts into the trans. Then you may want to diddle with them. Go 10% at a time though...

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner in Training
    so far the trans was just gone through, new high stall converter and synthetic fluid (mobil1)

i'll leave em turned down about 20% or so and go with it there.