Thread: Scanner stopping randomly!

Advanced Tuner

Scanner stopping randomly!

Why does this happen? This has happened for years and its really annoying. Randomly dropping channels and making the logged info useless????

04 Sierra Denali,370,S485B, Built 4L80E, 3barOLSD, E85

Advanced Tuner
    Anyone?

04 Sierra Denali,370,S485B, Built 4L80E, 3barOLSD, E85

Lightbulb

The USB cable connection to the puter or the ODB connection may not be solid (clean with plastic-safe contact cleaner and make sure the connectors feel mated). If connections aren't the issue, the amount of data may be too much (experiment with lower sample rates or decrease the number of channels).

How long does it log before it happens? What version r u using? We had this problem before, took a lot to convince HPT it was a real problem.

I have a bench setup I can run, just need to know those questions and I can confirm. Maybe post your channels and I'll load them. Could be one or a few channels causing a fit.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Say, little down the road but, y'all get this figured?

My scanner seems to stop logging after a 1-2 minutes of logging, then loses connection and I have to re-establish by cycling the usb or obd2 plug in and out or to a new port on my laptop. Wondering if I have way too many channels or losing data communication via wire or what?!?! Just drops, turned a guy away today unfortunately.

How many channels are you logging? Can you post a log?
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

I?ve complained about this several times. I sent the logs and scans and nothing. It is really frustrating when I get a good run and I look over to the PC and the scanner froze. I started closing all other possible running apps cleaning ram like 6 times and run a optimizer and it seems to help. It still drops channels but does not freeze as often.

I put in a ticket for this tonight. I have used HPT for years but only recently did it start and for me it's only when I go WOT on the street. I have 38 elements being scanned. I can try getting rid of a few. Tonight was the most consistent and it happened 3 times. The first time it scanned for 30 min part throttle and froze when I did a 2nd / 3rd gear pull and when I tried saving the log it only saved a brief blip of the shift. I rebooted the laptop and tried again and same thing happened. Shut down scanner and tried 3rd time - same thing.

In the save I did of the blip it recorded, 10 elements are blank so maybe I'll skinny it down and try again tomorrow.
    2013 Dodge Challenger RT Plus - Shaker

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickisrad View Post
    I?ve complained about this several times. I sent the logs and scans and nothing. It is really frustrating when I get a good run and I look over to the PC and the scanner froze. I started closing all other possible running apps cleaning ram like 6 times and run a optimizer and it seems to help. It still drops channels but does not freeze as often.
    With a good scanner you can know what is wrong with the car and determining if it needs to be fixed or not. Autoguysland recommends the best car diagnostic tool. You can read more on Autoguysland website
    I have the same issue and also closing some apps on the PC. May be any conflict in software??