Thread: 2018 370z question

Potential Tuner

2018 370z question

So I have a customer interested in going the hptuners route, my question is does hptuners have the capabilities of setting or changing the rev limiter and or 2 step? I did call up hptuners but their engineer was out of town and that was the person I needed to talk to.

Tuner in Training
    Just had a customer come in with a 12' G37 wanting a 2 step added and tuning done with HpTuners. Haven't seen a function for the 2 step to be added or manipulated in the tune file. Any nissan Engineer that can chime in?

Ive asked this as well, they typically don't add these types of options. But I will say its going to be a hard sell to some of the younger crowd to go with HP over UpRev when there is no 2step or flat foot shifting options with HP.

We do have the ability to adjust various limiters (fuel and throttle cut rev limiters, fuel cut speed limiters, etc.). 2 step is a custom feature that hasn't been added. If there is an OEM parameter that you feel is missing though, please submit a support ticket and I will add it.

Yea, we're not talking about rev or speed limiter. Ive asked this before as well and didn't get an answer. But I can tell from what you are saying that there is no plan to add these features, just OEM tables.

Potential Tuner
    I tuned a 2014 370z the other week. All went well. I think there is a table missing for a ETC based speed limiter. I raised the Fuel cut speed limiter all the way but car would close the throttle down at around 260km/hr no matter what i did....

Quote Originally Posted by AHTA Tuning View Post
    I tuned a 2014 370z the other week. All went well. I think there is a table missing for a ETC based speed limiter. I raised the Fuel cut speed limiter all the way but car would close the throttle down at around 260km/hr no matter what i did....
    I took a look, you are right there is a throttle cut speed limiter missing. I'll get that added in, sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    Yea, we're not talking about rev or speed limiter. Ive asked this before as well and didn't get an answer. But I can tell from what you are saying that there is no plan to add these features, just OEM tables.
    The first post asked about a rev limiter.

There are plans for features, but we don't like to discuss future things we're developing. We typically don't have a response for questions like "Do you plan on supporting xxx" or "Can you do xxxx for this platform". It's not something we can discuss, only things currently developed.

Tuner in Training
    Looking for some throttle control tables - Evan sent you PM