Thread: PCM type to recognize

Tuner

PCM type to recognize

Can anybody tell me what kind of PCM is this Mopar Performance PCM PN: P5160105 ( https://www.jegs.com/i/Mopar-Perform...60105/10002/-1 ) i would like to read it, but as it does not have VIN in it i have to choose in HPT PCM type.
    Looks like this:
    and i was told it is designed to fit modern late model 5.7L Hemi's 2014 or newer engines.
    Do i need to unlock it or is it unlocked for HPT form factory as it is for aftermarket applications not form stock car. Id does not have any SKIM, no BCM, RFA, IPC or Key required.

best regards

Advanced Tuner
    Should be unlocked. HP says those are supported. When you figure out how to read it, please share the file as I've been wanting to see one of these.

This page leads me to think its a GPEC2 or GPEC2A. Maybe try one and then the other?

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...-VCM-Suite-3-0

Advanced Tuner
    Looks like a PCM for a 2015 5.7 crate motor. That makes it a GPEC2A. Also appears to be a non-MDS motor (same as a used in manual challengers).
    https://www.mopar.com/moparsvc/pim/m...=9012411170846
    crate.JPG
    Last edited by Homer; 08-13-2018 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Just noticed I was missing the "A".

Tuner
    this is the one from that crate kit. i'll try to read as GPEC2A then, with GPEC2 it takes 10 minutes and says some crap after trying to open it so i wanted to confirm which model it is.

best regrads

Advanced Tuner
    It use to take 15 minutes to read the PCM from my 2015 5.7,which is a GPEC2A, on version VCM 3.6 editor.

Tuner
    Thanks, will check that one tomorrow morning.

best regards

Advanced Tuner
    If you are successful reading the PCM would you mind posting the tune here? I would like to compare it to my 2015 5.7 M6 to see what the differences are? BTW here is my stock tune.

2015 5.7 stock.hpt

Tuner
    i have managed to read it ok, it was GPEC2A. HPT Editor showed some message that this is 2015+ PCM and it is locked but i don't know how to chceck wether Mopar Performance PCM are locked or not. I believe this message is automatic warning for all 2015+ PCM even if they are unlocked but first time downloaded. Does anyone have knowlegde o on this ?

an here is stock read form Mopar Performance PCM pn: P5160105. it is also SKIM less

stock pcm p5160105.hpt

best regards

Advanced Tuner
    It is very similar to my 2015 M6 stock configuration except with minor changes to base spark, PE, esp disabled, DFCO/rear O2s disabled, SRV enabled (why?), some of the Can communications are disabled...and some other minor stuff. But other than that it looks like a stock cal for a manual. So is that is what is passing for a performance PCM?

Tuner
    most important it has no SKIM (and other anti-theft) in it and does not need all that BCM, RFA and other crap from stock car to start the engine, starter relay gets hotwired rather then controled by multiple useless modules in swap applications. This is what i needed cause i installed it in 1972 Charger. With this PCM it is full standalone engine harness and PCM

all this + some other minors makes it performance PCM.

best regards

Tuner in Training
    Did you manage to write or change anything on this PCM? It doesn't need an HP Tuners Licence to read it but will need once you save or change. Reason i'm asking is I have the Hellcat Crate one and I would like to make it AUTO transmission instead for 8 speed

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tdebeer View Post
    Did you manage to write or change anything on this PCM? It doesn't need an HP Tuners Licence to read it but will need once you save or change. Reason i'm asking is I have the Hellcat Crate one and I would like to make it AUTO transmission instead for 8 speed
    Did you make this work?

Potential Tuner
    Did you use this PCM , I may buy it

Potential Tuner
    I want to make one work with 5.7 crate engine and an 8 HP 75 8 speed did you make one work ?