Thread: I need help setting up my scanner

Tuner in Training

I need help setting up my scanner

I recently put a Reman Lq4 in a truck. It had the lq4 in it originally. Wont start I've checked everything that I can think of and when I log it I'm getting RPM signal, adv, O2's, maf, coolant temp and IAT. IAT shows -30F so i feel like there is sonething wrong with that. But its not showing injector Pluse and I know I'm getting fuel. RPM when cranking is 150ish +/- and adv is 12*. I really need a CFG. file for this that has what i need in the channel list. Its been 3 years since I had HPT out and using it and I don't have time to relearn some of what I forgot. Truck is an 03 2500hd LQ4 OS in the PCM is 12579405.

Thanks in adv.

Fix the IAT issue. Do a VATS relearn or disable VATS in the tune.

It's not rocket science when it comes to logging stuff. Add whatever you think is required to the scanner to make it easier to see what is happening. If you haven't updated to the newest 4.0 software I don't really know what your scanner is going to look like as far as adding in channels to log. I forget what 2.24 looks like but 3.0-4.0 stuff is the same where you need to add the channel for it to display the data.

Like you must be logging injector pulse width avg for both banks to see data.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Fix the IAT issue. Do a VATS relearn or disable VATS in the tune.

It's not rocket science when it comes to logging stuff. Add whatever you think is required to the scanner to make it easier to see what is happening. If you haven't updated to the newest 4.0 software I don't really know what your scanner is going to look like as far as adding in channels to log. I forget what 2.24 looks like but 3.0-4.0 stuff is the same where you need to add the channel for it to display the data.

Like you must be logging injector pulse width avg for both banks to see data.
    I understand it?s not rocket science but when I go to add channels it?s not giving me any options. Basically rpm, adv, I?ll take a screenshot of it tomorrow. That?s why I was asking for a cfg. I do have 2.24 I believe like I said it?s been 3 years since I used it so I?m working off a rusty memory. If it?s not giving me all the different sensors then is there something screwed up? Like the pcm? Could a bad ground cause this?

You may as well upgrade, 2.24 hasn't been supported for years. Upgrading is about the only way support could even help you if you asked them too.

You'll want to re-register/sign up on the new website too.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Here is my bone stock lq4 tune. 2003 gmc 1500 hd 4x4 4l80 3:73 gears if you would like to look it over for comparison. i will attach it and a scan log so you can see what I am getting.

day 2nd log after stock reflash.hpl
    my1500hd stock tune backup.hpt
    Last edited by Doug Doty; 08-09-2018 at 12:31 AM.