Thread: Unlimited on mpvi1; Getting Unlicensed Vehicle and or Invalid App Key

Question Unlimited on mpvi1; Getting Unlicensed Vehicle and or Invalid App Key

Cannot get an unlimited gen 3 mpvi box to flash, getting invalid app key and unlicensed vehicle messages. Updated software couple days ago, just now tried to flash with it. Seemed to read ok, went to flash and error city.

Also, I am not being prompted nor can I trigger a licensing screen...what the heck?

Know this is my last app key, anyone else get this issue and resolve?

invalid app key.PNG

umlmtd.PNG

Hopefully just something silly I missed, appreciate any help.

John

Tuner
    Revert Back to a V3 version and try it.

Send a message to support and wait for a reply they might get back to you in within a week.

They at least have a redundancy implemented until they fix the issue like allow App keys to be applied
    Last edited by STATESMAN; 08-08-2018 at 08:43 PM.

Had to register my device under my HPT use account online, which then created a new key when it associated the box with my account. I put in the new key, seems to work.

Side note, just burned down my engine bay, damn near my home. Guess I won't be need to flash anything soon.....

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    sounds like you were just using an old key(which would make it invalid), glad to hear it was as simple as updating to your newest key
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"