Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to read stock ecu tune?

Tuner in Training

How to read stock ecu tune?

Hello all, I have a 2014 Fiesta ST and I linked my interface to my car and tried to read the stock ecu file. It shows the Vin and OS, but is asking me to select a hardware type? Nothing I looked at under the drop down menu matches? The info on my ecu shows as follows:
    P/N: EA6A-12A650-JH
    H/W: D2BA-12B684-BA

EGV7

Any other info needed?

Thanks for any help!

I had this problem because my software wasn't up to date. I had to download the then beta 3.6, which should now be 4.0? If not email support. They're a little backed up at the moment but they'll need to probably work some magic if you're already on 4.0.
    2008 Pontiac G5 2.2L (main oil seal became a crunchy Autumn leaf, RIP)
    2016 Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost - Project "not-so-detestable"

Tuner in Training
    Yeah I have V4 already. Waiting to see what's said.

Email support now. I have something that hasn't been responded to for at least a week. Maybe two?

Tuner in Training
    Yeah I sent them the vehicle info log already. Waiting for them to get back to me. Hope I didn't waste money on credits.

Is this a Euro Fiesta ST?
    MED17.0.1 for that.

If its USDM, TC1767.

Without it identifying, that almost certainly means we dont have a definition yet, so read the file, attach it to your ticket, and someone will get the definition done sometime this coming week hopefully!
    If its not broke, just give it time.

Tuner in Training
    What file is this you speak of? The vehicle info log? I replied with that attached to the email. I can post it here too if need be. I just wanna start unlocking some more power in this little guy.

Quote Originally Posted by FieSTafury View Post
    What file is this you speak of? The vehicle info log? I replied with that attached to the email. I can post it here too if need be. I just wanna start unlocking some more power in this little guy.
    No the file you read out, sorry. Infolog + read out file. I dont recommend posting the infolog here, it has personal information on it like your serial numbers and so on.

Tuner in Training
    What is a readout file? I was told to connect to vehicle, hit the blue info icon, and again when the small window opens up, save the information that pops up and send that. I did exactly that, is there something else I need to do?

Tuner in Training
    And it's a usdm Fiesta ST....... 2014 year.

Tuner in Training
    OK I selected the TC1767A, Focus one. It's reading the entire thing now.

Tuner in Training
    Well, it read it, but gives a validate checksum fail error. You will be unable to save or flash this file.

Quote Originally Posted by FieSTafury View Post
    Well, it read it, but gives a validate checksum fail error. You will be unable to save or flash this file.
    This is what I suspected it'd be since it didn't auto update.
    Please attach the .hpt you read out this way to your ticket so we can get it added for you ASAP!

Tuner in Training
    Sent in already. Ticket number 140413, thanks!

Tuner in Training
    Still awaiting an update......

I'm also awaiting even an email back about not being able to read airflow in the scanner for my 1.0L. Patience is a virtue. I'm sure they're super busy after adding so many vehicles to the supported list.

They do read the forum posts. My recent tickets submitted in May haven't been looked at yet, so it's been about 3 months. I'm sure it is MPVI2 orders/updates and vehicle support issues that is eating their lunch.

Tuner in Training
    This is bad news, I submitted a cal I want to license yesterday but only have the car two days. No reply yet.

That's why I was waiting on them to add full support/PIDs before I paid for a license. I can wait. SCT usually has full support/parameters for the Fords but the Advantage software runs like molasses. Even when HPTuners adds support for a vehicle, often many parameters are undefined/locked to the end user, the same with the VCM Scanner PIDs.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah, not ideal, especially when trying to tune other folks cars.
    I waited for the Pro upgrade for MPVI 2 until last week and just gave up and ordered a stand-alone MPVI2.

Seems the guys are busy catching up. Hope they overcome their issues soon so we can get back to top support. ��