Thread: 2016 Camaro Flex Fuel Enable Help

Potential Tuner

2016 Camaro Flex Fuel Enable Help

I'm getting the default value of 40% alcohol. Here is what iv'e done.

Fuel Sys>Diagnostics>FlexFuel>Sensor Diag | Enabled
    Engine>Fuel>Flex Fuel>General>Flex Fuel | Enabled
    Engine>Fuel>Flex Fuel>General>Flex Sensor | Sensor
    Engine Diag>DTCs>P0178> | SES Enable and MIL on Second
    Engine Diag>DTCs>P0179> | SES Enable and MIL on Second

I've also checked the signal wire pin is going to pin 38 of the connector multiple times. I took the pin out and put back in. I confirmed the Sensor is getting battery voltage at the plug. Looking at the plug with the "Hump" facing upwards I have power on the left most pin and ground in the middle.

I'm not sure what I'm missing. Any help would be grateful.

Camaro_2018_08_10.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    That pretty much covers all bases. I hate to ask, but did you use the blue connector? You could try doing a write entire but it's possible that you've got a defective sensor as well.

Advanced Tuner
    Did you pull the blue locking ring out of the ECM connector before you tried to push the new pin into place?

Potential Tuner
    Sorry I didn't know I had anyone reply.

I did use the blue connector and I did remove the locking ring before putting the pin in. I've re-seated it at least 8 times now. I am in the process of returning the sensor.

Tuner in Training
    I looked for a flex fuel 2016 6.2 Camaro in the repository and did not see one to compare with. Did you enable flex fuel from disabled ? Did your OS have flex fuel enabled to start with ? You may need a segment swap. https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=469951
    Last edited by D.Tuned; 08-16-2018 at 03:46 PM. Reason: add link

With the flex fuel sensor when running E85, which table are you adding WOT timing to? Ive seem some add timing to the Spark/Advanced/ Alcohol table and some people doing it through the Spark/Advance/ flex fuel table ?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil'sC5Vette View Post
    With the flex fuel sensor when running E85, which table are you adding WOT timing to? Ive seem some add timing to the Spark/Advanced/ Alcohol table and some people doing it through the Spark/Advance/ flex fuel table ?
    Use the Flex Fuel spark table, not the Alcohol Spark Advance Correction table