Thread: 2007 Pontiac G6 GTP 3.6L VVT - Error while writing tune - ECM reads "Error"

Potential Tuner

2007 Pontiac G6 GTP 3.6L VVT - Error while writing tune - ECM reads "Error"

Hello all,

I am a new HP Tuners user. I recently purchased it to tune out some O2 sensors for LTs on my 2000 Trans Am. I have now moved on to my DD, a 2007 G6 GTP with the 3.6L VVT engine.

I have read/written several different tune files to the G6 without trouble. Today, while writing a tune file, the write was interrupted according to VCM Editor. Now, all I have on the dash is "Error." No starter, nothing. When I tried to read the ECM again, it asked for a VIN, which I entered. But there is no data in the ECM now; like it has been either fried or corrupted.

What do I do now? I'm assuming I need a new ECM... or can a dealer re-flash/re-write the existing one? Or is there a way to "blank" the ECM and re-write from scratch with HP Tuners myself? Any help would be MUCHLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Scott

Contact support for new beta. It's supposed to fix this issue

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by warriorpluto View Post
    Contact support for new beta. It's supposed to fix this issue
    Thanks for the reply. When you say the new beta should fix this issue, do you mean the interruptions while writing or can it actually revive the dead ECM?

Potential Tuner
    warriorpluto:

I downloaded the beta version and successfully revived the ECM!!! Thank you so much! How much do I owe you and where do I send the check?

Quote Originally Posted by nongoggleguy View Post
    warriorpluto:

I downloaded the beta version and successfully revived the ECM!!! Thank you so much! How much do I owe you and where do I send the check?
    Lol you're welcome. I'm just here to help others when i can. You don't owe me a thing