Thread: 2018 Ram 1500 smart access cable

Potential Tuner

2018 Ram 1500 smart access cable

Hello everyone,
    First off sorry if this has already been posted else where, when I did a search it just says behind the radio..

I currently am either going insane or completely blind and in need of some help. I have been looking for the correct place to plug in the smart access cable behind the radio, however once I removed the radio the only "black box" as I was told to look for is a box that is bolted facing the firewall an needs to be unbolted to access the box. So my question here is what is it exactly that I am looking for? Does anyone have a photo of where this thing plugs in, I'm starting to loose my mind looking for it

I have added some photos I took looking for this thing

TIA
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by UmiakZebec View Post
    Hello everyone,
    First off sorry if this has already been posted else where, when I did a search it just says behind the radio..

I currently am either going insane or completely blind and in need of some help. I have been looking for the correct place to plug in the smart access cable behind the radio, however once I removed the radio the only "black box" as I was told to look for is a box that is bolted facing the firewall an needs to be unbolted to access the box. So my question here is what is it exactly that I am looking for? Does anyone have a photo of where this thing plugs in, I'm starting to loose my mind looking for it

I have added some photos I took looking for this thing

TIA
    The black box in your first few photos is it. I know we did not have to unbolt it to access it, but if you find it easier to do so you can.

Advanced Tuner
    FYI to find the gateway locations scroll down in the link below and select your model.

https://www.obdgenie.com/collections...ogrammer-c-pfm
    Last edited by Homer; 08-17-2018 at 02:14 PM.

Potential Tuner
    I found it, thank ya'll for the input.

Witch side do you plug into on this smart access ?

Yeah can someone post a picture of what part you plug the HP smart bypass cable into?

Tuner in Training
    18 trackhawk where the EFF does this thing go

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by timskmperf View Post
    18 trackhawk where the EFF does this thing go
    I think it is on the passenger side, behind the kick panel.

Check out the online chilton manual.
    https://roswell-nm.gov/1112/Chilton-Auto-Repair-Library

1.JPG2.JPG

Potential Tuner
    Hey man. I?m having the same problem. I can?t find where to plug it in.

Tuner in Training
    Haha this is too funny cant believe hpt haven't updated the bypass.. ok do what i did go straight to diablo sport order there bypass cable.. its a 1 sec install no tool no dash removal no nothing.. there is an empty factory connector under the steering wheel just plug it in and ur done..

Potential Tuner

Access cable

Hi. i have a 2018 power wagon 6.4l. i want to install my access cable.. ive been reading a few diffrent treads. do i have to remove the radio??? or is it under the passenger kick plate???

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Soucie View Post
    Hi. i have a 2018 power wagon 6.4l. i want to install my access cable.. ive been reading a few diffrent treads. do i have to remove the radio??? or is it under the passenger kick plate???
    I just got the smart access cable to install on my 2018 ram powerwagon. anyone have it figured out yet? thx

Advanced Tuner
    2018 should be behind the radio

Potential Tuner
    Thankyou

Potential Tuner
    My question is when you 1st plug the smart cable in behind the radio to get your factory tune do you just leave it plugged in or do you have to take it back off?

Advanced Tuner
    Leave it

Potential Tuner
    That cable has two ends, one for the empty factory connector under the steering wheel, and the other end plugs into what?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 123 View Post
    Haha this is too funny cant believe hpt haven't updated the bypass.. ok do what i did go straight to diablo sport order there bypass cable.. its a 1 sec install no tool no dash removal no nothing.. there is an empty factory connector under the steering wheel just plug it in and ur done..
    Are you also running the Diablosport Pulsar unit to tune with? Or are you saying it works with any tuning software?