Thread: 2000 v6 camaro v8 swap pcm questions

Tuner in Training

2000 v6 camaro v8 swap pcm questions

so the car was originally a 3.8l that im swapping in a lq9/4l80e, i got a 2000 camaro ls1 wire harness so it would plug &play with the car for the most part but i have a 0411 pcm from a 02 2500p/u 6.0l 4l80e. can i just plug the truck pcm into the camaro harness and run it or do i have to get a ls1 camaro file and have it flashed to run the 4l80e. this is vats, guages and engine specific tuning aside. i read on ls1tech that russ from hptuners can flash a camaro file to run a 4l80e without changing pins in the harness any help would be appriciated. looking to get as prepared as possible for my build

If the computer is already a 6.0/4L80e combo I don't see why you can't just run it as is. I don't see a reason to flash the computer with a camaro file and then do a segment swap on top of that.

Unless a truck program won't work with the cluster/gauges in a camaro.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    ok i dont know if the guages will work or not yet but either way changes in the program have to be made since it has a v6 cluster so if i have to mess with that thats not to big of a deal. but getting it running was my main concern. so the camaro harness shouldnt have any problem being hooked up to the truck ecu? also the connector for the 4l80e will have the proper signal going to the correct pins?

Camaro's only came with 4L60e's, so you still have to do whatever pin/wiring changes to the connector for the 4L80e.

You'll want to double check the wiring diagrams for the LS1 and trucks to see if they are the same.

http://lt1swap.com/wiringharness.htm
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.