Thread: 04-05 Nissan Ecu's not supported?

Tuner in Training

04-05 Nissan Ecu's not supported?

Purchased mpvi2 because i seen hp now supports Nissan ecu tuning. turns out 04-05 cant be tuned with HP because some Nissan models are not CAN based pcms? This is the first i have heard this before. i am used to uprev, and i can tune them with that software so this doesn't make sense to me. im going to keep my mpvi2 in hopes future support will be added. has anyone came across this? and can anyone explain why HP wont work on a non can baised ecu's? thanks

Should've checked the supported vehicles list before purchasing

But Im sure someone from HP will chime in and tell you why they can't be tuned with HP, OR, offer to get a read from you and see if they can add support for it.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    Should've checked the supported vehicles list before purchasing

But Im sure someone from HP will chime in and tell you why they can't be tuned with HP, OR, offer to get a read from you and see if they can add support for it.
    I did look at the supported vehicle list, why do you think i made the purchase. i know i said im new to hp but im not an idiot. here is the vehicle supported list when i made the purchase.

image1 (4).png

here is current vehicle list

image2 after.png

You know what? That's my bad. When I see Nissan I just assume everyone is talking about the Z models. I would contact HP to either get your vehicle supported or offer a refund for listing it as supported and then removing it after you purchased it. That isnt right..

Tuner in Training
    yes it isnt right. and i dont understand it why 04 titans ( which i own) and a 05 xterra arnt able to be tuned. and why hp didnt know this when they released the update. i dont want to return the mpvi2 because i like hp software on gm vehicles. i have tuned an 06 i5 colorado and a 15 5.3 silverado with great results and its easy to use and understand. it took alot more research and knowledge to underhand uprev which is where i started. i just want to know if hp is trying to add support for the vehicles they once said they supported. but im discouraged that no one from hp has replied

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Hines View Post
    yes it isnt right. and i dont understand it why 04 titans ( which i own) and a 05 xterra arnt able to be tuned. and why hp didnt know this when they released the update. i dont want to return the mpvi2 because i like hp software on gm vehicles. i have tuned an 06 i5 colorado and a 15 5.3 silverado with great results and its easy to use and understand. it took alot more research and knowledge to underhand uprev which is where i started. i just want to know if hp is trying to add support for the vehicles they once said they supported. but im discouraged that no one from hp has replied
    It doesn't even pull up vehicle information for my 06 Xterra, and support basically told me I was SOL.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by gearheads_mike View Post
    It doesn't even pull up vehicle information for my 06 Xterra, and support basically told me I was SOL.
    ya i wasnt to happy when i purchased mpvi2 and took a day off work to go to my tuner and he couldn't read on 05 xterra. tried to read the ecu at 9 am. he submitted a ticket and hp didnt get back untill noon, only to realized hp wont work on non-can ecus. even though they were on the supported list at the time. pretty pissed off still about the ordeal.