Thread: 2012 mustang 3.7 swap

Tuner in Training

2012 mustang 3.7 swap

I?m in the middle of swapping a 2012 mustang 3.7 drivetrain into a gutted 2006 mustang race car. I?m swapping over most of the harness, so PATS isn?t an issue. I?m swapping the entire fuel system over, so no issue there.

My main concerns are the traction control and ABS. can I turn these systems off so they don?t cause problems? I?m not a tuner By any stretch, but I?m a good mechanic. From what I?ve read, Ford?s torque management system isn?t the easiest to learn on.

Any help is appreciated.

Tuner in Training
    PATS may still be an issue, but you should know pretty quick. You should be able to disable the ABS and TC. There are several torque tables that can also cause issues. What transmission are you using?

With almost everything set to factory settings I had a hanging idle and really slow return to idle after reving the engine. I went into Engine>Idle>General and disabled Torque Decel Switch. I then changed Engine>Idle>Airflow Dashpot Clip/Clip vs RPM and change it from 0 to .75 in all tables. The RPM goes right back to idle after you rev now.

I have a '91 mustang with the 3.7/mt82 swap

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the tips. I have the mt82 behind it. PATS shouldn?t give me problems since I swapped the whole steering column over. Fingers crossed.

Tuner in Training
    If I can get this swap sorted out, I?d like to swap a 3.7 into my 85 notch or my ranger. I think it would make a great daily driver.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jw44 View Post
    PATS may still be an issue, but you should know pretty quick. You should be able to disable the ABS and TC. There are several torque tables that can also cause issues. What transmission are you using?

With almost everything set to factory settings I had a hanging idle and really slow return to idle after reving the engine. I went into Engine>Idle>General and disabled Torque Decel Switch. I then changed Engine>Idle>Airflow Dashpot Clip/Clip vs RPM and change it from 0 to .75 in all tables. The RPM goes right back to idle after you rev now.

I have a '91 mustang with the 3.7/mt82 swap
    Any chance you?ll share your tune?

Tuner in Training
    So, the idle was hanging at 2k rpm with the dashpot set to .75

I changed the cells back to 0 and it drops back to idle fine, but it drops below idle a little too far before catching itself.

Should I try different numbers to see how it responds? I’m thinking about trying .25 or .50 but the next time I drive it I will be at the track and it will be hard to make adjustments once I’m in an endurance race.