Thread: Knock Retard not logging in VCM Scanner

Tuner in Training

Knock Retard not logging in VCM Scanner

Hi Guys,

Long time car nut and enthusiast here, and new to the DIY school of EFI tuning. So I've owned a few fast Ford in my time and all have been Professionally tuned by leading workshops, including my current ride a 2010 FPV GS Ute with a 5.0sc Miami. I've since bought myself a MPVI2 and have dived into learning the how too's and HP Tuners.

So can someone give me idea's how to get the KR value to read in VCM scanner... ive tried but it does not register anything.?

Cheers Allen

Potential Tuner
    First of all do you know if the car is actually knocking? If it's actually not knocking then it obviously won't show up in the scanner. I also wouldn't be relying on this to determine if it's actually knocking or not, you want to get yourself a knock detection system for this and actually listen for knock yourself.

Secondly, the knock sensor are probably disabled and hence why your not getting a reading. From my understanding they are disabled from factory due to false knock from the blower (someone may be able to confirm or deny this).

There’s no knock detection on the 5.0 S/C aussie built FPV’s

You NEED an aftermarket KR detection kit and a suitable location for the sensor and some hours on the Dyno to dial it all in, not something i would suggest a beginner tackle unless you like building engines lol
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Advanced Tuner
    if you get someone to run the car on the dyno and you lean over the blower cover you'll hear one of those rattle a mile off.

a knock box is one step better, listening with headphones.

how much timing, what boost, what fuel and what IAT? they take a fair bit before they knock