Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question About Credit

Potential Tuner

Question About Credit

Is there a way i can buy X number of credit or Amount of money i have to pay to get All gen 3 Unlock without having to buy credit every times? i wants to do only Gen 3 Unlock for vats , other things like this? anyone Know?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    gen 3 v8 car license is 30 credits
    gen 3 v8 truck license is 30 credits

so for 60 credits you could unlock both and not need to buy credit every time.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    I have a related question about credits.

On the vehicle page there is 99-06 Chevy Silverado listed for 6 credits for unlimited tunes.

Is it 6 credits per YEAR or 6 credits for ALL Silverados from 99-06?

If it's 6 per year then obviously it would make more sense for me to pay 30 and unlock the other gen 3 trucks too. Also, are SUV's considered trucks for the 30 credit unlimited trucks gen 3 license? The supported Vehicle page dosen't list any of the 30 credit buys which is why I'm wondering. I don't have a tuner unit yet and just want to figure out how many credits I need ahead of time to purchase it all at once.

Thanks.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    per year, yes obviously it would make more sense to opt for the 30 credit gen 3 truck v8 license if you plan on doing alot of them

If you send support or sales an email we can give you a list of what vehicles are found under that group, I don't have it handy at the moment.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    per year, yes obviously it would make more sense to opt for the 30 credit gen 3 truck v8 license if you plan on doing alot of them

If you send support or sales an email we can give you a list of what vehicles are found under that group, I don't have it handy at the moment.
    I sent a message to tech/sales support as suggested and I'm more confused now then before. The answer I got was to check the vehicles supported page (which doesn't list the unlimited gen 3 truck category). and this sentence:

"The right column shows the number of credits to tune unlimited VINS within that vehicle group (everything on that horizontal line)."

There is a horizontal line under Chevrolet that lists "99-07 Silverado 4.8, 5.3, 5.7, 6.0.8.1" and it says in the far right column that unlimited year/model is 6 credits. Everything else I've read says that it would cost me 6 credits X 8 years = 48 credits of that model to get unlimited for that "horizontal line", but tech support makes it sound like its 6 credits to unlock unlimited for ALL those years as a one time purchase.

All I want to know is what vehicles can I tune if I plug in a 2002 Chevy Silverado and purchase the 6 credit "unlimited model/year" and the 30 credit "unlimited Gen III Truck".

I've read many posts on the forum and I think my confusion is coming from changes over the years and a lack of clarification on what is included in the 30 credit purchase, I'm not seeing any lists for the 30 credit unlimited unlock on the website. I really don't want to spend $2000 just to find out 30 credits only unlocks 99-07 Silverados if I have a computer from one of them plugged in.

Thanks for any help.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianPeppers View Post
    I sent a message to tech/sales support as suggested and I'm more confused now then before. The answer I got was to check the vehicles supported page (which doesn't list the unlimited gen 3 truck category). and this sentence:

"The right column shows the number of credits to tune unlimited VINS within that vehicle group (everything on that horizontal line)."

There is a horizontal line under Chevrolet that lists "99-07 Silverado 4.8, 5.3, 5.7, 6.0.8.1" and it says in the far right column that unlimited year/model is 6 credits. Everything else I've read says that it would cost me 6 credits X 8 years = 48 credits of that model to get unlimited for that "horizontal line", but tech support makes it sound like its 6 credits to unlock unlimited for ALL those years as a one time purchase.

All I want to know is what vehicles can I tune if I plug in a 2002 Chevy Silverado and purchase the 6 credit "unlimited model/year" and the 30 credit "unlimited Gen III Truck".

I've read many posts on the forum and I think my confusion is coming from changes over the years and a lack of clarification on what is included in the 30 credit purchase, I'm not seeing any lists for the 30 credit unlimited unlock on the website. I really don't want to spend $2000 just to find out 30 credits only unlocks 99-07 Silverados if I have a computer from one of them plugged in.

Thanks for any help.
    what is your ticket number? I'll take a look first thing tomorrow and get you that list.

Tuner in Training
    what is your ticket number? I'll take a look first thing tomorrow and get you that list.

Thanks

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    responded.

Tuner in Training
    responded.
    Thank you so much, answered my question perfectly.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianPeppers View Post
    Thank you so much, answered my question perfectly.

Advanced Tuner
    Could we all get the answer? I'm curious myself...

Thank you

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markmx6 View Post
    Could we all get the answer? I'm curious myself...

Thank you
    Please open a ticket with either support or sales and we'll be happy to get you the same list, though its been posted on this forum countless times.

Tuner in Training
    How many credit to read , modify and write tune and log for a corvette c6 zr1 2012?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSDION View Post
    How many credit to read , modify and write tune and log for a corvette c6 zr1 2012?
    https://www.hptuners.com/vehicles/

2 for ecm & tcm
    1 more for FSCM if you want to tune that

ok i have a question about the upgrade path i just got unlimited 08 silverado unlocked now its say 129 credits to unlimited geniv v8 trucks but i have better than 50 upgrade credits on other gen iv v8's already does unlimited model year only give 1 credit toword the unimted gen iv trucks cause thers not even 129 model an years to unlock the ulimited gen iv trucks

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by izazzel View Post
    ok i have a question about the upgrade path i just got unlimited 08 silverado unlocked now its say 129 credits to unlimited geniv v8 trucks but i have better than 50 upgrade credits on other gen iv v8's already does unlimited model year only give 1 credit toword the unimted gen iv trucks cause thers not even 129 model an years to unlock the ulimited gen iv trucks
    The software does the calculations automatically, so whatever it says is what it is. Doing single vcm licenses towards year/model licenses won't help your cause, thats what it sounds like you are doing...

How many credits do I need to write to a single vehicle? I purchased 2 credits. I only need to modify my vehicle only.

Advanced Tuner
    Depends on what vehicle, most are just 2 credits, some are 4 and there are a few exceptions.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    How many credits do I need to write to a single vehicle? I purchased 2 credits. I only need to modify my vehicle only.
    credit amounts are covered here, it varies by vehicle https://www.hptuners.com/vehicles/

Hello! Why new added cars with MPVI2 now cost much more? You will not find any car for 2 credit. Only from 4, usually 6 credit for one car.