Thread: Misfire Codes - even with detection off?

Senior Tuner

Misfire Codes - even with detection off?

Seeing a strange issue I haven't seen before. In my specific car (2014 Chrysler 300 SRT8, forged 392, twin turbo) I have the Misfire Detection Min RPM set to 7000rpms, yet I am still getting occasional P0300 and P0308. How does this happen? Is the Misfire detection set point only for WOT? I have never had to disable the actual DTC codes, only raise the min detection window on all cars prior.

Car has a healthy cam and lope at idle, I assume this is the issue, but wanted others to affirm they have seen the same thing. Plugs all look fine, not feeling anything that would indicate true misfires. Last time out, I made no WOT runs, just some regular cruising/driving and it popped P0300.

Tuner
    Cant say I've ever seen that. I've always used the 8160 rpm as the disable but it still shouldn't be coming on the way you have it. You definitely seem to find the weird issues lol But you always seem to get them corrected so props to ya

My Whippled Ram 1500 Classic is getting the P0308 code, what fixed it?

i saw that alot in the cars that have big cam as mine too it missfire at idle during the loopy sound but didnt pot codes only missfire reading and when i drive its gone ,
    i know how to fix it but it will take most of the lovely loopy idle lool so i didnt do it . the matter is to not missfire while you drive thats all

Quote Originally Posted by UHemiNow View Post
    Cant say I've ever seen that. I've always used the 8160 rpm as the disable but it still shouldn't be coming on the way you have it. You definitely seem to find the weird issues lol But you always seem to get them corrected so props to ya
    My 2015 R/T 5.7L With Whipple and cam does this from time to time. When I log though, it never misfires. old thread I know but any solution? My detection min rpm is 8k. Idle is set to 760 rpm, should it be higher?

Advanced Tuner
    post yer cam specs if your are gonna ask for advice on idle speed

Quote Originally Posted by LilSick View Post
    post yer cam specs if your are gonna ask for advice on idle speed
    Thank you for you reply.

I have the comp cam 274 cam, 3000 rpm stall, whipple stage 2, 10 lbs of boost, high performance fuel pump, 185 degree stat, kooks long tubes and high flow cats.