Thread: Accidentally cleared trans adapt on 8L80E in VCM Scanner

Advanced Tuner

Accidentally hit trans fast adapt reset on 8L80E in VCM Scanner

So I flashed a tune the other day and went into the scanner to clear the normal stuff in the transmission controller and accidentally chit the trans fast adapt reset button.

Now the transmission is shifting like crap, before I could get it to bark the tires on the 1>2 and the 2>3 and the 3>4 shifts. Now under WOT it "slips" or flares the shift for a bit before completing the shift.

I went thru the relearn process with the VCM scanner, in the short drives so far it doesn't seem to be improving much at all.

Is this something will return to normal with some drive time? I read after the fact that you don't normally clear this table unless it is a new transmission or torque converter.

I guess this is what I get for not paying attention while trying to multitask.
    Last edited by Sneakyws6; 08-15-2018 at 05:41 PM.

What did you end up finding here? Just curious as I am trying to read on the adaptive stuff.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

You need to drive it easy while it relearns and adapts. start with light steady state throttle through all the gears, do that 2-5 times. Increase throttle and repeat through all the gears. Increase throttle and so on. Going out right after a relearn or clear adapts and land on the throttle and you risk burning up the trans.

Tuner
    Sneakyws6 After flashing a new ecm and tcm tune what do you clear normally? I didn't know that you should clear anything. Hopefully, you wre able to get this figured out.