Thread: cts-v 2.55" pulley, intake ID850s

Advanced Tuner

cts-v 2.55" pulley, intake ID850s

ok guys i need some help. i put in ID850s a few months ago and was doing some fuel trim tuning and i've noticed that i have some slight surging between 2-3k rpms that i seem to not be able to get rid of. I added fuel to the maf curve and it still does it intermittently. It happens around 50ish kpa. It doesn't matter if im running maf only or blended tune. i'm not even sure if it could be spark map related. it almost seems like right after i shift into 2nd gear (m6) its flat then "kicks" in (non PE mode) Car runs great once in PE mode and at WOT. Please note that i currently do not have my WB sensor installed as of now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Here is the tune along with a few logs that i have

Please note that i'm not an advanced tuner in anyway and i'm learning as i go...so please go easy on me....lol
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sgod1100; 08-18-2018 at 12:28 PM.

This is more of a question: How do you get 127# from ID 850's ? I thought they were more about 94-95# at 58psi. You are showing 50psi on your channels.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Advanced Tuner
    i'm not following you...i know you are referencing fuel pressure in regards to the 50 psi, but what are you talking about in regards to the 94-95#? ls that lb/hr???

Tuner
    Short pulse limit is wrong for ID850's. Should be 3.0 not 4. Can't really see your issue in the logs. In ref. to Lakegoats question, your flow rate vs press for those injectors is correct.

RPS Twin Carbon Clutch
    Kook's Headers
    Ported Supercharger
    Cold Air Inductions cai
    ID850's
    GPTuning 2.5 Cam
    9.1 Lower 2.5 Upper

Advanced Tuner
    You need to go to ID's site and input the correct Fuel injector data first. Then go from there.

Advanced Tuner
    thanks..i don't know why i have 4 in there...thanks for the explanation, i appreciate it

Advanced Tuner
    Well, it's still doing it. Very slight, but still feels kind of lean even though my trims aren't showing it. Any other suggestions/ideas I could look into?? Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Tweak IVT gains? I am a newb too, just brainstorming in hopes I will learn something too!

I'm just thinking its a transient fuel issue.

Tuner
    You are not going to get anywhere without a wideband sensor. Stop tuning until you install one and get a data log of your issue happening with wideband data. You can't "feel" lean or rich, a good wideband can................

RPS Twin Carbon Clutch
    Kook's Headers
    Ported Supercharger
    Cold Air Inductions cai
    ID850's
    GPTuning 2.5 Cam
    9.1 Lower 2.5 Upper

Advanced Tuner
    There's plenty of people that tune their closed loop areas with the stock narrowbands and no wideband...you sound like no one EVER does it..

Tuner
    Well, you stated you have a wideband but it's not installed. When you start talking about "feeling" lean; it's time for a wideband. common sense man.............Just trying to help you out.

RPS Twin Carbon Clutch
    Kook's Headers
    Ported Supercharger
    Cold Air Inductions cai
    ID850's
    GPTuning 2.5 Cam
    9.1 Lower 2.5 Upper

Advanced Tuner
    When it comes to tuning my WOT/open loop areas then I agree with you 100% regarding using a wideband....

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by adam112 View Post
    Tweak IVT gains? I am a newb too, just brainstorming in hopes I will learn something too!

I'm just thinking its a transient fuel issue.
    That's a good question....I don't have hptuners in front of me right now but I'm pretty sure those tables I left all stock as of now. transient (from what I've read) can be pretty tricky

Advanced Tuner
    If you look at my VVE vs LTFT + STFT graph at 2600 rpm and 50 kpa it's about 8% lean. Does this indicate that i might need to tweak my VVE table? When i look at my MAF vs LTFT + STFT there is fuel being taken out and not added so i'm kind of confused

Tuner
    Your VVE is disabled. You are running maf only according to your posted file.

About your lean areas. You were not there long enough to get any accurate data. (Look @ your cell count) looks like you were "passing thru" those areas and just so happened, your O2's were on their downswing. You can raise the cell count required in the scanner if you want. If you had a wideband installed this would be very helpful. Narrowbands are not always truthful.

RPS Twin Carbon Clutch
    Kook's Headers
    Ported Supercharger
    Cold Air Inductions cai
    ID850's
    GPTuning 2.5 Cam
    9.1 Lower 2.5 Upper

Advanced Tuner
    bump...still having this issue..even when i add fuel i'm still getting a quick blip of my stft going to 12-15%. Any other ideas from the gurus? maybe messing with injector settings? i know my injector data is correct. thanks in advance

Advanced Tuner
    FIXED...for anyone in the same boat as me i ended up trying to tune the VVE table (STFT against Map vs RPM) and the drive ability is MUCH better. So i do recommend running a blended tune as the car acts much better when having dyn. airflow enabled