Thread: 2018 supercharged Roush Mustang.

Tuner in Training

2018 supercharged Roush Mustang.

Has anyone been playing with a new 2018 mustang with the Roush OS and tune? Full speed density with a map sensor and no maf now. One thing I noticed is the cam timing is fixed on the exhaust at 15degrees and 0 degrees on the intake. The actual inlet isn't even commanding 0 degrees but it is a flat table which seems strange. They also have the max timing advance and retard 0 degrees from 6500rpm up. Its almost like the tune was a rush job to get it on the market? I also have a large dip in power like it hits a torque limit at around 5000rpm, it pulls about 6 or 7degrees and then it feeds it back in almost instantly. The driver demand table is also strange, half the table looks normal down low then in high tps its almost inverse with 900nm at low rpm tapering down to about 480nm at max rpm? Some of the bi model exhaust tables also appear to be labled wrong.

Can you post a read?
    WTB: Greg Banish Ford DVD, please PM if you are selling

Quote Originally Posted by C_Murph12 View Post
    Can you post a read?
    +1

Tuner in Training
    Yeah will tomorrow when im infront of a laptop.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Murph12 View Post
    Can you post a read?
    +2

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by caged View Post
    Has anyone been playing with a new 2018 mustang with the Roush OS and tune? Full speed density with a map sensor and no maf now. One thing I noticed is the cam timing is fixed on the exhaust at 15degrees and 0 degrees on the intake. The actual inlet isn't even commanding 0 degrees but it is a flat table which seems strange. They also have the max timing advance and retard 0 degrees from 6500rpm up. Its almost like the tune was a rush job to get it on the market? I also have a large dip in power like it hits a torque limit at around 5000rpm, it pulls about 6 or 7degrees and then it feeds it back in almost instantly. The driver demand table is also strange, half the table looks normal down low then in high tps its almost inverse with 900nm at low rpm tapering down to about 480nm at max rpm? Some of the bi model exhaust tables also appear to be labled wrong.

I heard they disabled knock advance in the top end of the RPM band, prob to make the engine produce less HP, thus, increasing the chance it will last past it's warranty time. You can gain a lot from tuning them by setting the timing and fueling correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    I heard they disabled knock advance in the top end of the RPM band, prob to make the engine produce less HP, thus, increasing the chance it will last past it's warranty time. You can gain a lot from tuning them by setting the timing and fueling correctly.
    Those 4 knock sensors are very sensitive even in N/A form.

I was not impressed with stock Roush cal performance for 2015 back in the day but stock 2018 Roush cal performance sucks since E85 tune N/A can gap it.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    Those 4 knock sensors are very sensitive even in N/A form.

I was not impressed with stock Roush cal performance for 2015 back in the day but stock 2018 Roush cal performance sucks since E85 tune N/A can gap it.
    Correct, they are very tame, which just means we will gain more power from tuning them

Tuner in Training
    Sorry for the delay, I kept getting a definition miss match when I went to open any files with a Roush Os even though I already licenced and tuned this car on this laptop with the same beta. That latest mpvi2 firmware seems to have fixed it, its had a few firmware updates now hahaha.

One thing i did have problems with was failed flash's. Either fail halfway through a write entire or finish the write and not be able to crank and the dash odo reads 00000. It failed about 65% of the time.

Tuner in Training
    Here is the std 2018 GT file as a compare and the Roush 2018 supercharged file.
    Iv tuned heaps of 2016/2017 blown Roush cars on the Roush Os previously, I could get ok power out of this 2018 but 80% of the time it would get a 5 to 8 degree timing retard between 4900 and 5900. You would get a huge power spike downwards then it would eventually recover. I wont have another Roush on the dyno till next week but would like to get the inlet cam timing moving and have a fix for the dip.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by caged; 08-23-2018 at 07:49 PM.