Thread: 411 PCM - Transform AC pressure (volts) to oil pressure

Tuner in Training

411 PCM - Transform AC pressure (volts) to oil pressure

I am running a 411 PC and have HP Tuners PRO.
    In VCM scanner (v. 3.6.26) I am tyring to tranform AC pressure channel (7101.10) to read and log oil pressure from an LS2 oil pressure sensor. The oil pressure sensor is connected to AC pressure electrical connector.
    The oil pressure sensor range is 0.5v=0 psi: 4.5v=150 psi.

Where in the menus can I add a transform or math function to convert and display the AC pressure volts as oil pressure?

I have searched and found a few examples of connecting wide bands and fuel pressure but they all seem to be older versions of VCM.

From reading it is either a user defined or transform to do this.

It appears this should be simple but I cannot for the life of me find the menu to do this.

Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

Advanced Tuner
    First you need to add the AC Pressure Sensor to the Channels list, left side. Then you can set up a math parameter/Expression (Tools) that you can add to the chart or Graph. Math

Tuner in Training
    I added the AC Pressure Sensor to the Channls list on the left side. No problem there. It reads 0.49v volts with key on engine off, so 0 oil pressure. Reads about to 2v at idle cold start.

Will the parameter expression output (Oil pressure) show up in Channels list once set up correctly or only in the Chart or Graph?

Advanced Tuner
    Adding the AC Press Sensor to the Channels list will give you the ability to come up with the scaling expression you need to display in the Chart and/or Graph. Now go to Math Parameters Manager, Select Math Parameter.jpg

Add Abbreviation notes....

Tuner in Training
    got it to work. Thanks!