Thread: '18 Ford Explorer Sport Auto Shutoff ??

Tuner in Training

'18 Ford Explorer Sport Auto Shutoff ??

Where can I find the Auto Shut Off? Need to disable that as I leave my competition dog in the Explorer for up to 2hrs with the A/C running (Remotely Temperature Monitored).

I looked under Engine/Idle/General as described for the Raptor tune but I do not see the same values.

Thank you!

If its missing, contact hptuners support and ask then to define it for your strategy.

I think it is default to 30 minutes. Do you not see it in your onboard display? I know it is in HPTuners because I have a 2018 Explorer. But it is usually also found in Vehicle Settings within the instrument cluster display.

Also, it's been discussed before but the EcoBoost engines do not like to be idled for long periods of time. The fleet vehicles like the Police Interceptor Sedan and Utility with EcoBoost (which is basically a SHO or Explorer Sport) tend to smoke a lot when idled for long periods of time over the life of the vehicle. I believe it has to do with how the turbo shaft seals are designed, the gravity flow of engine oil onto the shaft, and how it can get sucked through the seal with excessive idling. Most of the Ford police cars you see don't have the 3.5L EcoBoost and are running the naturally aspirated 3.7L V6
    Last edited by metroplex; 08-21-2018 at 07:26 PM.

Dumb question... '18 Explorer shows not supported. Appears you guys are tuning them? Beta? Thanks!!
    '18 Sierra L5P
    '03 Sierra 4.8/NV 3500: LS6 Cam, HPT Tuned
    '15 Explorer Sport - SCT, AEM (Wife says...it feels faster??)
    '01 Z06