Thread: 2016 Camaro Nitrous

Tuner in Training

2016 Camaro Nitrous

looking to spray my 2016 camaro headers robofab flex fuel gonna spray a 100shot already have jets set for e85...looking for tips on tuning it

will i have to adjust vt, driver demand tables? any advice is appriciated

Advanced Tuner
    Good luck.

There's no way of telling the engine where the extra power is coming from so when you exceed all the commanded torques, it's gonna shut the throttle on you.
    2023 Ford Maverick 2.0T AWD

I?ve done several nitrous cars... little tricky with these, but you can still keep the TB open (or Atleast I have on 200 shots)

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    I?ve done several nitrous cars... little tricky with these, but you can still keep the TB open (or Atleast I have on 200 shots)
    Auto or manual?

Manual cars for sure easier.. trans Tq request doesn?t matter.. but nitrous setups I?ve done 2 ways.. increase DD/peak Tq OR leave it alone and just add the nitrous on the same tune and leave Tq model stock (adjust timing on each, depending on octane)

But on gen 5s I like doing a separate nitrous tune and make the Tq model reflect the nitrous (make commanded Tq more accurate for trans/TB control and no need to have any timing retard box)

Advanced Tuner
    Yup that's what it comes down to. Gen 5 auto with a dedicated nitrous tune off bottle will drive and shift like shit. Having to write two different calibrations sucks in my opinion. Can't be like back in the days with Gen 3/4s where you just hit the switch to activate your timing box crack open the bottle while driving down the road in "mexico" and letting the motor rip.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Have you faced a problem were the injectors pulse width and cylinder air mass decrease (only when the nitrous is on) causing car to go lean ?

I have not

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by s57_s2k View Post
    Have you faced a problem were the injectors pulse width and cylinder air mass decrease (only when the nitrous is on) causing car to go lean ?
    Any more info on this? im currently having this issue with a truck 150shot with the cylinder air mas decreases to lower .60's compare to NA which is usually in the .70's

Advanced Tuner
    I have seen this before but it has never caused a lean issue. it does put you in a lower airmass part of the timing table so you have to be careful there.

Advanced Tuner
    I was just curious, why can't you parallel into the Iat sensor wire, from the Nitrous solenoid with a resistor that sends it to approx 250* Iat and tune timing retard there? Do the new ecm's not like that?

Tuner in Training
    Sooo I'm running a 75 shot and my trans is slipping after shifts. Do I increase the VTT at WOT 75 ft. lbs. to solve this? Or would this cause a throttle shut because its not measuring this torque?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by wirthit; 01-24-2020 at 09:59 AM.