Thread: '10 300S 5.7 hemi surges and dies at stops

Potential Tuner

'10 300S 5.7 hemi surges and dies at stops

Hello all!
    I'm having some issues with fine tuning my car. I put a new cam in, got it tuned by a company, but they want to charge me for a retune, and I kinda wanna learn my self anyway, but I'm having some issues. The car when it comes to a stop often will surge when dying, and push the throttle a little bit to keep it from dying. If I let off the brakes and let it move, it'll just stay alive, if not, it will die. We lowered around idle on the VE table, and it didn't seem to do it until after about 15 min of driving it. We raised it, seemed to do it more often. It only started after a while of driving around, that it wanted to die, like it's learning it from somewhere. It currently is tuned to idle at 950, and we tried lowering it while doing all this, but it always went back up to 950 for an idle. It also seems to pull harder certain times when I'm driving at WOT.

I am still new to this so I apologize, but appreciate any input on where we could look.

So here is my setup
    2010 Chrysler 300S RWD
    5.7 Hemi VVT (says it's disabled in the tune at the top)
    BBK Long tube headers
    Full 3" exhaust - High Flow Cats, SLP Loudmouth II Mufflers, H pipe
    Comp 274 Phaser cam
    CAI

Was tuned initially with an exhaust leak, and all of this seemed to start when we fixed it (later that night)

I should be able to get some data logs shortly, but wondering if anyone has had this happen to them before.

Thank you for your help!!

well my car do the same to >
    even sometimes it die with no surges or any thing just if i lift my foot from the pedal to stop or for street hump or any thing for 2 or 3 secs sometimes a little more ,, it die then when i start it up the gear wont load so i have to restart it again , and this so dangerous when it die at corner or on middle of the high way !
    can any one help us ?

I can try to help. can you post a log and tune file? I assume the tuner setup the cam tables properly. if they didn't when you try to idle it might be trying to move the cam to a position that it cant. could be wrong but send a log and tune over.