Thread: New to tuning

Tuner in Training

New to tuning

Whats up guys, i ordered the new mpvi2, for some reason i want to learn to do this for my own veichle, i have had alot of guys tune my stuff and i have not been happy with results, so i figuered i order this myself and give it a try. I also ordered the ERM performance tutorial and its great, ive picked up in just a couple of days, the thing is i work off shore and havent had time to run this on my car or truck, i have been messing with it but really not much i can do with it i guess out here.
    My question is before you start any tune do you need to run vcm scanner and gather some info before starting tune, or how do you guys do it, what does a basic stock tune consist of, i have an all stock 2007 nnbs 5.3 i would like to tune as soon as i get home, and would like to know what to look for or mess with.
    Im anxious to go tune something lol, my brother has a gto 6.0 with headers and cai and it hit a 12.9 at 108mph, ill see if i can post video, it looks like it boggs down alot at 2nd gear, so i want to know basic stuff and you guys input so that when i go home i know where to start, thanks and all help is appreciated

Tuner in Training
    Man you just asked a very loaded question. I spent hours and hours scouring this forum and other places on the Internet to get basic tuning 101.

If you have the money the HP Tuners training would be awesome. But I was cheap and had to do it the hard way.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah i been on the internet for the past week, like i said ive order the training but i just wanted to see if someone could just point out what works for them or where to start on a basic tune for a stock truck. I guess ill keep reading material and wait till i get home to start logging,

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, ill look into that, lots of reading

Tuner in Training
    Heres the video to the pass, you can see how it just drops in second gear, https://vimeo.com/286694181