Thread: Trans Shift Torque Reduction - actual results? Trying to solve a shifting problem

Trans Shift Torque Reduction - actual results? Trying to solve a shifting problem

For those with automatics and EcoBoost, what is the impact of reducing the values for torque reduction for shifts? For instance,if torque input is 350 ft-lb and I set the values in that row to 450 ft-lb, I'm assuming that the torque reduction is enabled when actual torque is hitting 450 ft-lb? What if I set that to say 350 ft-lb or 300 ft-lb? Does it close the throttle a bit more during the shifts?

The reason I ask is that this particular 6F55 has never shifted at the commanded WOT points. I can command 6050 RPM WOT shift points or 5500 RPM WOT shift points, and it almost always bangs against a limiter at 6500 RPM or it causes a huge delay at 6500 RPM. I have pored through my logs and could never figure out if it was a revlimiter, engine torque limit, trans torque limit, or the trans just plain slipping as it is trying to shift?

I used the same settings as the 6F55 in the SHO and still no dice. The SHO always shifted fine and that engine produced more torque.

Just an update, I increased max shift pressure a bit more (not the commanded/programmed pressure) and now it shifts at about 6200 RPM even though I commanded 6000 RPM.