Thread: 2012 Camaro E39 LFX - throttle closing above 5900 RPM

2012 Camaro E39 LFX - throttle closing above 5900 RPM

Stock LFX with stock MAF in an Exocet. Starts well, pulls good but shuts the throttle from 98% to 66% above 5900 rpm. I attached the tune and datalog. Any suggestions?
    Attached Files Attached Files

I data logged every torque PID available and did some additional pulls. I reduced the MAF curve to lean out a slightly rich condition (11.9 AFR) and the throttle closing occurred 300 RPM later and at the same torque number as before. The AFR was good now (12.7) so I didn't want to lean it anymore but needed to reduce the MAF curve a bit more to get the throttle reduction to start at redline. I lied to the computer and told it that the injector was slightly smaller than it was to get the additional PW to counteract the reduction in perceived air flow from MAF adjustment. Pulls to 7100 RPM with a great AFR across the board and no throttle cut(99.6% pedal and 99.6 throttle).

thanks for sharing, is this still the preferred method to keep the throttle open ? Do changing the torque coefficients work?

Tuner
    You need to Calibrate the Airmass/Map/DoD airmass/DoD Map base eq ratio torque coefficients tables to keep the throttle open thru out the pull and you have to be careful not to over do it as it will create throtle inestability at light % also do not max out torque limit vs rpm on torque managment.
    Just Calibrated v6 camaro twin turbo and keeping the throttle open was a task with out cheating the ecu , afrs were .84 across