Thread: 2014 RAM 1500 8 Speed Trans Write Wont complete

2014 RAM 1500 8 Speed Trans Write Wont complete

Super frustrated. Just dropped over $1200 to switch to HP tuners from DiabloSport after being told there is no issues tuning a 2014 RAM with a ZF 8HP70 8 speed transmission.

Transmission tune completes most of the write stage and then gets stuck at 100% "cleaning up"

Please help! Tried multiple times and even tried with the latest beta VCM editor to still no avail. If I have to send my PCM into you guys let me know but this is unacceptable after spending a ton of money on the unit and credits!

hptuners2.PNG

I'm having this EXACT issue... To make matters even worse, it's my coworkers truck, and he's now convinced I have to pay to take it to the dealership.

Advanced Tuner
    You have to cycle the ignition after it's done, then it will go to "complete."

That didn't work, unfortunately

Advanced Tuner
    I had zero issues trans tuning a 2014 Ram with the 8 speed but it had pushbutton start, which I simply cycled the ignition on. Do you get a prompt pop up to cycle the ignition or does that not even happen?

Better yet, did you initially "read" the engine and trans tune and then modify that tune and buy 6 credits in total, then attempted to flash in a new tune?
    Last edited by Matt_lq4; 03-18-2021 at 07:50 PM.

Man I never get the second prompt. It gives me a prompt to cycle at 50% but not again at 100%. I did read, then saved initial, then started modifying and saved as a separate tune. I think this is my 20th car to tune? I'm 99% sure I did everything right. What's weirder is I started messing around and even when the truck is off, is still acts like it reads or writes. It'll go through the motions until 100% then it fails. Whereas with chevys it'll fail before it even starts.

It's very weird. My coworkers truck is at the dealer, so we'll see how much damage this does to my wallet.

To be clear: I'm very satisfied with HP tuners overall. I've done several, several LS swaps, lots and lots of heads and cams, several turbos.

I think maybe in this one very specific instance I caught a glitch. ,

Advanced Tuner
    What version of Hp Tuners are you using?
    I had to do a long one time install and a notification popped up explaining this, when I was tuning a 2014 ram. I have version 4.8.7