Thread: Listed supported vehicles

Listed supported vehicles

Any chance we can get a list of already supported vehicles?

I have a number of requests and every time we get a car in, we need to send file validation to support.

If there is a way to get a list of already supported cars that would really help us out as a business and to the customer so we don't waste time.

Maybe set out a Hardware/Software list instead of Model/Year list.

Will be tuning a 3.0TSI on WinOLS and other tuning tools but I did want to tune it via HP Tuners. Ticket #142276

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

What I meant was similar to a Hardware and Software list "Chip Tuning" tools offer.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Far as I have been able to tell, the Audi A4 is NOT supported as of yet despite being listed. No one here has been able to get MPVI2 to read any of the 09+ A4's ECU's of the half dozen or so I have encountered.

Tuner in Training
    i dont get it? this is simple guys why doesnt HPT this easier on themselves and WHILE developing reading, why not make a FRF/SGO,BIN-HPT tool and allow all these people to use an external tools (each can make their own ethical decisions on the legitimacy of those temporary tools) but this process needs to start with some feedback to all these questions. Currently my tuning company offers a 20 dollar K/CAN cable that can ready most of these ecus no problem (unfortunately the software and techniques i use give me a edge in this field, and i prefer not share all the details) but i think starting with sticky explaining virtual read, and the purpose of that. and then we can band together and get that bin-HPT tool.

Tuner in Training
    So HPT... Does this work or not? A lot of folks, I mean clients, are inquiring about tuning their VAG cars. Can we or not?

Quote Originally Posted by EH_Tuned View Post
    So HPT... Does this work or not? A lot of folks, I mean clients, are inquiring about tuning their VAG cars. Can we or not?
    Yes it works. You can tune a decent amount of them so far with continuing expanding support.
    I'm attempting to keep the Supported Vehicles list up to date, but sometimes I may add a definition that covers multiple vehicles and don't catch all of the vehicles.

If your ECU is currently a SIMOS 8.4, 8.5, MED9.1, MED9.1.1, MED17.1, MED17.1.1, MED17.5, or MED17.5.2 we can add support for it if its not already, but we'll need an infolog sent into [email protected] to get it on the list to be added.
    If its not broke, just give it time.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@HPTuners View Post
    Yes it works. You can tune a decent amount of them so far with continuing expanding support.
    I'm attempting to keep the Supported Vehicles list up to date, but sometimes I may add a definition that covers multiple vehicles and don't catch all of the vehicles.

If your ECU is currently a SIMOS 8.4, 8.5, MED9.1, MED9.1.1, MED17.1, MED17.1.1, MED17.5, or MED17.5.2 we can add support for it if its not already, but we'll need an infolog sent into [email protected] to get it on the list to be added.
    Is the info log specific to the MPVI2 or can a VAG-COM scan be used? I don't have a MPVI2 as of yet.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by JayR83 View Post
    Is the info log specific to the MPVI2 or can a VAG-COM scan be used? I don't have a MPVI2 as of yet.
    Specific to our hardware & software.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Specific to our hardware & software.
    Thanks Bill

I have a 2010 Passat R36 VR6 3.6L with MED9.1
    I am wanting to know if anyone else has requested support for this?
    As I am yet to purchase MPVI2.

Have the majority of plans ready to go for turbo kit however don't really have anyway local to tune it atm.
    Need to sort out tune options before can proceed on build.

Thanks Bill

I have a 2010 Passat R36 VR6 3.6L with MED9.1
    I am wanting to know if anyone else has requested support for this?
    As I am yet to purchase MPVI2.

Have the majority of plans ready to go for turbo kit however don't really have anyway local to tune it atm.
    Need to sort out tune options before can proceed on build.
    Jay, do you know what the Software Part Number is for your application? That should be available via VAG-COM, and if I have a copy of the file I can see if its something that can be added. We do have support for some applications on MED9.1, and so we should be able to get yours added as well provided it functoins similarly.

Tuner in Training
    Jay, do you know what the Software Part Number is for your application? That should be available via VAG-COM, and if I have a copy of the file I can see if its something that can be added. We do have support for some applications on MED9.1, and so we should be able to get yours added as well provided it functoins similarly.

Steven, thanks for your reply

I have attached my most recent VCDS scan below

Auto-ScanAirbag fault-CLEARED.txt

Josh

Steven, thanks for your reply

I have attached my most recent VCDS scan below

Auto-ScanAirbag fault-CLEARED.txt

Josh
    Jay,
    I do NOT have a copy of this binary and have been unable to locate one. Because of this I would not be able to add support for it at this time.

Tuner in Training
    Jay,
    I do NOT have a copy of this binary and have been unable to locate one. Because of this I would not be able to add support for it at this time.
    Bummer.
    Thanks for checking, I'll just have to wait then or get a new car!!!

Tuner in Training
    Jay,
    Hey Steven, how would you obtain the binary?
    Does this require a scan from the actual ecm?

Hey Steven, how would you obtain the binary?
    Does this require a scan from the actual ecm?
    At this point, yes. The file in your ECU is no longer provided via VAGs file service, so the only way to get it is to read it off the ECU with a tool that can, or find it somewhere on the internet where someone has already done so.

I still have the old mpvi pro unit and may upgrade if the support is there for the 2016 VW passat 1.8L. Will we be able to scan it to get the information you need Steven?

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenHornetS10 View Post
    I still have the old mpvi pro unit and may upgrade if the support is there for the 2016 VW passat 1.8L. Will we be able to scan it to get the information you need Steven?
    Yeah, I just need an infolog from it which you can do with the old unit as well.