Thread: how to remove TM from 6l80?

Tuner in Training

how to remove TM from 6l80?

i know its a dead horse but by entering in the value of -1.00 for all the boxes under TM remove TM from the trans? do i change any of the options in torque reduction?

Advanced Tuner
    In the transmission, in torque reductions tabs changue to disable.

I will tell you removing all TM causes the trans to shift like crap and you will burn it up quickly. Change only one thing at a time and don’t forget to bump up the pressures a bit to help the trans hold the shifts better. I found best results decreasing shift times and increasing line pressures and keeping majority of TM during shifts. Scout the forums and you will find some good stuff for 6l80’s

Advanced Tuner
    ^ What he said. Unless the next thing you want to learn is to R & R the trans.

Advanced Tuner
    What is the best suggested line pressure increase for the transmisison these days?

I have the 8L80 in my truck, and as said I wound that decreasing the shift times and running about 70% of the stock shift times provides a good shift.

It's vehicle dependent and application dependent. A truck and a car could handle different values based on weight and the power the engine is putting down.

It's a game you have to play with the transmission to figure out what works best for line pressure. On 6L80e's I maybe go up by 10-15% max. The rest is the shift times and pressure presets to get what I want from the transmission.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    It's vehicle dependent and application dependent. A truck and a car could handle different values based on weight and the power the engine is putting down.

It's a game you have to play with the transmission to figure out what works best for line pressure. On 6L80e's I maybe go up by 10-15% max. The rest is the shift times and pressure presets to get what I want from the transmission.
    how does one adjust the pressures?

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post

Exactly what he said, I run a crew cab on 37’s with 4:56 gears, I have high line pressures and faster shift times to help the weight and the power I put out. And I will tell you the tune on my trans will not work on another similar truck as I have done that per r request and it felt like utter crap. Your best bet is to read up on some of the transmission stickies that are on the forum so you can understand what changes made affect the trans.

Advanced Tuner
    [QUOTE=RySmDPT14;541000]Your best bet is to read up on some of the transmission stickies that are on the forum so you can understand what changes made affect the trans.[/QUOTE]
    These are just a few for your reading enjoyment. These transmissions are a different animal, if you get the tuning right life is good, if don't you will be hating it, or you will be repairing or replacing it.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ckup-Questions
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ly-Issue-Fixed!!!
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...highlight=6L80