Thread: 2014 Mustang 5.0 Ghost Cam Issues

Potential Tuner

2014 Mustang 5.0 Ghost Cam Issues

I know at this point this topic is a thoroughly beaten horse but I cant seem to figure out whats wrong with my tune. Right now the car will idle like normal to get to operating temp then itll start loping for about 10 seconds and go back to a regular idle. Ive already looked through every thread I could find on ghost cams and after messing with it for two days now cant seem to figure out whats wrong. If anyone can take a look at the tunes and give me advice it would be greatly appreciated. By the way, dont be too hard on me. Im a new member and this was my learning project.
    TristanStock.hpt
    TristanGhostCam.hpt

try this
    set Int MP 0,1 to -40 and Exh MP 0,1 to 15

also you need to do the same thing to max phasing limit (int & Exh) EOT at idle point

min mph for idle 0

Potential Tuner
    Alright, Ill try that and get back to you

Potential Tuner
    So update, it loped for twice as long with those changes you told me to make. If i recall correctly, it lopes during emissions reductions then changes over to optimum stability and thats when it stops loping. Ill include the updated tune file for reference.
    TristanGhostCam.hpt

Potential Tuner
    It works perfectly now and just wanted to thank you for the help. I turned off stability and it’s removed all the lope issues and drivability issues.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hennecyt View Post
    It works perfectly now and just wanted to thank you for the help. I turned off stability and it?s removed all the lope issues and drivability issues.
    Can you upload the last tune where it works. You aren't using the optimal stability mode?

My lope tune starts off loping while in emissions mode however once it goes to optimal stability it will stop loping UNTIL I decel the motor with a throttle blip, then it will start loping again. RPM CTRL switches to Target N.
    I'd like to find a way around having to blip the throttle to keep it loping.
    Last edited by blackbolt22; 08-29-2018 at 06:19 PM.

Potential Tuner
    This is the latest tune. Only thing Im going to do after this is dial everything in for the sound I want. My car will take a minute to warm up where it idles normally, then itll start loping.
    TristanGhostCam.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hennecyt View Post
    This is the latest tune. Only thing Im going to do after this is dial everything in for the sound I want. My car will take a minute to warm up where it idles normally, then itll start loping.
    TristanGhostCam.hpt
    Thanks for the upload. I checked it out. I wouldn't say you 'turned off stability' but you did make it where it will use MP0 always which is where the lope cam angles exist whenever it's in optimal stability mode. I've done the same thing up till higher rpms and it cured the drivability issues as well. I've gone as far as making a custom MP just for the idle lope and had great luck on a 14 GT automatic which most people say doesn't work well but mine does

Try lowering your overlap and your idle.. I get a pretty nasty chop at around 650-700 rpm with only 50 degrees overlap!

Oh and upload a video of your end result.. PM me with a link!! I am switching out my GT 500 mufflers for Borla S-Types. I think the cam tune is going to be 1000x better with the new mufflers!!!!

Potential Tuner
    I’ll get a video as soon as I get the chance and thank you for clarifying what I was trying to say about the stability part, just didn’t know how to word it.

Tuner in Training
    bro can you send me msg told me if you add any parts to your car ? or i can make this modification on stock car ? my car 2012 GT/CS 5.0 .
    and i need your help in another car thank you bro (L) .

Potential Tuner
    This is the current file I have for the car. Still fine tuning but Ive been busy. Mods on the car are just a CAI, cat delete, and 3.73 gears. Currently working on a flex fuel tune and adding an 18 intake manifold.TristanGhostCam.hpt

Tuner in Training
    yes bro my car 3.73 stock from agency its California special and catalytic already deleted so i can use this tuning on my car ? i am using 95 octane from gas station mixed with boostane 113 octane, I can use these tuning ?

Advanced Tuner
    Change your tables to this and see how well it does. I managed to get mine sounding like a foxbody. Changed more than what's in the picture but this is similar to how mine would be with some of your tables mixed in. Post a datalog if you have one.

henneyc-ghcam.JPG

Cold Z3ro, you can run 29 to 32 degrees with 95 octane. You can probably run more, I started losing power around 33 34 degrees. Strongest was 31 degrees.
    Last edited by Thatwhite5.0; 09-17-2018 at 12:48 PM.

Tuner in Training
    bro waiting your response on my comment in this link and to my msgs if i can contact you on your email.
    my email [email protected]
    my whatsapp : 0096891106397

waiting you answer bro thank you .

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...485#post543485

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by C0LD ZER0 View Post
    bro waiting your response on my comment in this link and to my msgs if i can contact you on your email.
    my email [email protected]
    my whatsapp : 0096891106397

waiting you answer bro thank you .

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...485#post543485
    'bro' give him a chance to reply 'bro' lol Lord I know I was anxious to get help from him but I didn't stalk his posts, haha.

Tuner in Training
    the problem, there is a customer waiting me to finish his car , you are right this is a big tune and need some time to check it sorry guys (L) .

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by C0LD ZER0 View Post
    the problem, there is a customer waiting me to finish his car , you are right this is a big tune and need some time to check it sorry guys (L) .
    I was just joking but on a serious note, if you're charging a customer to tune, you -probably- should not be relying on the forums to complete the job.... No offense. I personally would not ask for anyone's money while I'm still learning but if they wanted to donate, well that's a diff story

Tuner in Training
    no bro , still not starting with customers but many ppl waiting me to start tuning officially that's it