Thread: Ecoboost Mustang on turbonetics drop in turbo

Advanced Tuner

Ecoboost Mustang on turbonetics drop in turbo

My first time tuning an aftermarket turbo, and with the lack of info about them i decided to post my findings about it, to the moment im not impressed by the performance, but i have only done some street tuning, dyno tuning will happen on thursday, so far im getting only 1 more mph in the 1/4 mile (gps measured) and a similar time (12.9@108 vs 12.9@109)

This is a street log with the car running the previews 12.9@108 as you can see we start moving at 1psi with 1900rpm and by 3700 its already in full boost
    Attachment 82956

This is the street log for the new 12.9@109 with the new turbo we left at 3psi with 2300rpm and got full boost at 4700rpm
    Attachment 82957

As you can see the map seems pegged at 255kpa but tip shows a different story there is a 8psi difference in tip actual at the top of third which i would expect to give a lot more power that would show on a much higher MPH.

Anyways heres the tune, i corrected a little the desired canister pressure and had to take the wg base tables down just to get the throttle to open fully, maybe i could get a faster spool if i put the wg base to stock and only tweak the canister?
    tune5 new turbo.hpt

Potential Tuner
    Hi, I have tuned one of these on a mk3 focus RS and the turbo is absolutely Insane, I stopped tuning at 525whp and 700nm (stock 280whp) of torque as we were worried the gear was going to spin on the crank. That was on a stock head and cams with a built motor. We have since made some hardware changes and keyed the crank and will be tuning it on e65. I spent hours and hours tuning this setup but it?s worth it, the turbos really work well. Can you post the stock file?

Advanced Tuner
    yes, this is the stock file
    stock0.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Just for an update, with the same settings as above, we changed the intake tube to an airaid that will not bottleneck the turbo inlet and swaped the stock downpipe for a map 3" catless and the car put down 399 whp at what the instrument cluster reads as 29psi

Potential Tuner
    At that boost you should be seeing much more hp. Have you got the throttle open?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SNDK8 View Post
    At that boost you should be seeing much more hp. Have you got the throttle open?
    heres is the log from the dyno from that pass, the other is a street log where i did log throttle opening
    dyno400whp.hpl
    nweturbo8.hpl

Potential Tuner
    Hello can you help me with injectors cal 1700cc

i need help with a catless downpipe im lacking torque.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian8501 View Post
    josh eco 4-22-22 2015 ecoboost.hplJosh ECOBOOST try number 7.hpt

car is stock besides downpipe and intercooler
    Tune is "remote network" locked.