Thread: Silverado Mpvi2 issues: Tuner Unlocker Timed Out

Silverado Mpvi2 issues: Tuner Unlocker Timed Out

I have a 2003 Silverado I removed the fuses for the stereo and was able to read the ecm and made some changes to the tune. When I tried to do a write calibration and I got a Tuner Unlocker Timed Out message. I disconnected the battery and waited several minutes and tried again and got the same message. Just two days prior I was able to read and rite with no issues at all. I was told to resync the device and try again so this time I unhooked the stereo interface and the alarm and still got the same damn message. My Friend who tuned the truck for me several months ago used the mpvi1 with no issues we didn't even pull the radio fuses. Please help!!!! My ticket #142010

Tuner in Training
    I have the same 03 truck and had that happen to me too. I had to have my computer online via wifi hot spot using my phone so HPTuners could verify license during re-sync and then it was back to normal, never seen it since. I thing the wifi is necessary on mvip2 to re-sync. Nothing positive here just my experience one time and trying to help.

Tuner in Training
    Try right clicking on editor icon, and select run as administrator. I noticed this issue on mine as well. Hope that helps.....

So it ended up that the ecm was bricked not exactly sure how it happened like I said I pulled radio fuses, disconnected the alarm data line and disconnected the stereo interface. I was told that the truck has a dirty serial data signal so I got a new ecm and built a bench flash harness and now I am able to wread and write with no issues.