Thread: MPVI writes no problem, MPVI2 says unlicensed vehicle

MPVI writes no problem, MPVI2 says unlicensed vehicle

I have a bunch of credits on my MPVI and have been successfully tuning my car. I want to tune with my MPVI2 now and from what I read, credits don't transfer unless I send my MPVI back. I don't want to do that so I purchased 2 credits for my MPVI2 so I could tune with it instead. I resynched the MPVI2 and the credits show up then read the vehicle no problem but no window popped up about licensing the vehicle, only that it was an unlicensed vehicle. I resynched again, read the vehicle again but still get the "unlicensed vehicle" message when I try to write. What am I doing wrong?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    close all programs, delete the file named license.dat found in your documents-hptuners-settings folder, try again.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Ok, that worked and I can change the tune I read off the ECM but why can't I load any other tunes now?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by marksawatsky View Post
    Ok, that worked and I can change the tune I read off the ECM but why can't I load any other tunes now?
    I would recommend contacting support if you are having additional issues. I'm not even sure what you mean by "why can't I load any other tunes now?" this could mean you are getting an error such as definition failed to load, invalid checksum, or it could interpreted as the software asking you to license all files, etc. Best to contact support with more complex requests.

I followed your advice, was able to read the ECM, change the tune and Write the tune. However, when I tried to take an older tune (one originally loaded with MPVI) then it would not allow me to load it. I got the "unlicensed tune" message and the pop up window for licensing options but I have no credits left because it took those to license the vehicle with the MPVI2.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Please take my advice and contact support https://support.hptuners.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit