Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turbo 5.3 - Trouble idling & Dies in Gear

Advanced Tuner
    ok many things.

your VE table looks crazy and I don't think it would work for any combo. your IFR table is scaled for a dead head fuel system, if it has a return and 1:1 RR reg the data is wrong. your bank 1 02 sensor is adding 30-50% of fuel. you need to disable STFT in open loop to stop that influencing fueling. dial in your VE table to suit once that's done.
    after the VE is correct and your wideband shows your AFR is close to target in most areas you can move on. disable your stall savers for 1 and if your stumble/stall is still present then its airflow. it may not be possible to add enough air through the IAC alone. it may need and air bleed or opening the blade stopped to mechanically add more air globally. then you can dial in the IAC corrections with some usable resolution. without the PCM knowing its in gear there needs to be enough spark and adaptive idle resolution there to allow the additions to accept the extra load with stability

you want the car to be able to idle warm in gear with little IAC air additions or large amounts of timing. that's how you know you have enough air at idle to be able to calibrate the rest.

you cant tune or calibrate something that's mechanically limited.

570rwhp.hptbig blue turn me up2 930rwhp.hpt

attached is 2 2 bar SD tunes for turbo gen 3 managed engines. they both have decent cams. look at the VE table shape/values both 2 and 3 dimensionally.
    Last edited by lukearmstrong1990; 09-08-2018 at 10:53 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Appreciate the help guys - I am finally back on the car after a significant time away for "work". My goal right now is simple - Get the part throttle tuning right, and get the car to start hot & cold, and idle hot and cold. Looking for a review of the scan attached - My LT O2 is freaking out and I cannot understand why... both sensor are brand new. My only thought is that the O2's are different distances apart from the manifolds maybe? would that matter? I have posted the current tune and scan. Appreciate the help.Butler Mustang - Scan 2.hpl5.22.19 - Mustang.hpt

Tuner in Training

Updated tune and scan attached

LJMS turbo cam
    S475 turbo
    Boost ref FPR set at 58psi base
    80lb injectors
    4L85E
    Circle D converter[/QUOTE]
    Attached Files Attached Files