Thread: Need some tips for Eco-Boost tuning

Advanced Tuner

Need some tips for Eco-Boost tuning

I'm a GM tuner and a green Dodge tuner. My buddy just added some turbos to his EcoBoost 3.5L pick up and he needs some help. I just want to get him running right until he can get a pro to look at it as hes running meth and stuff. I just want to dial in some street manors so it scoots around town for the next few days.

So are you guys just logging map like a speed density tune (I have some histograms already for this)? Anything that needs to be turned off while logging?

Make sure you are logging all the torque sources. These trucks have limiters after limiters. I'm still messing with one we have at work trying to figure out. but yes log map and you'll be using the speed density calculator to correct fuel. raise your LSPI tables to above 2 to help with some of those limiters. increase your min and max TIP and airflow limits under the airflow> pressure control tabs. and raise ipc torque and map max pressure. that will get you somewhat started against the limiters.

Edit: to answer your question you don't really have to turn off anything to dial in fuel. just log your wideband eq ratio and ratio desired and make corrections based off that.
    Last edited by Tadias48; 08-31-2018 at 11:40 AM.
    2017 mustang gt

His truck will run fine on the stock tune.